H3 to HID Any one done this ?

SandBurro

Well, i was planning on taking some old 50 watt H3 bulb lights I have for off road use and try and mount some of the slim ballast HID kits they sell for vehicles and see if it works. Any one every tried or done this >? :beercheers:

I converted a Cibie Oscar light 10 years ago to HID, back then the ballasts were really big with a separate igniter, been running it on my LT500 ever since. Just put a Hi/Lo beam HID in a Baja Designs DOT legal headlight on my DRZ400, way brighter than the 80/100W H4 and is only 35 watts. Trippy thing is the way you get Hi & Lo beam from 1 HID, it has an solenoid and controller, hit Hi and bulb slides back into holder, Lo and it slides back out refocusing the light on the reflector. :ban-split::assblast::beercheers:

Well, i was planning on taking some old 50 watt H3 bulb lights I have for off road use and try and mount some of the slim ballast HID kits they sell for vehicles and see if it works. Any one every tried or done this >? :beercheers:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_..._Kit-101-0.html

go here, I am happy with my kit now, I had a ballast go bad on me, but now I am happy, because they warrantee their stuff :drunks:

Well the way I see it is the cheapst HID light i have found is about 100bucks. I just got a 20% coupon from harbor freight, so i am planning on buying 6 of their 50W H3 halong lamps and putting HID kits in them. Each kit is roughy 50 bucks from a local supplier here in So Cal. So do the math.

6 HID 6 inch lights at $100 each = $600 plus tax

6 H3 6 inch lights at $15 each = $90 + 3 HID H3 Kits for $50 each = $210!!!!!!! thats a $390 savings.

look at my siggy....call Bryan. he got me a good deal, tell him you saw it on DDR from me. He is a good guy, he will warranty your ballast if it goes out. I got a set from him for my Ranger. Ill also get a set for my Pathfinder and maybe even a set for my Accord. My buddy Dave is getting 2 sets from him for his Dodge and Ranger.

look at my siggy....call Bryan. he got me a good deal, tell him you saw it on DDR from me. He is a good guy, he will warranty your ballast if it goes out. I got a set from him for my Ranger. Ill also get a set for my Pathfinder and maybe even a set for my Accord. My buddy Dave is getting 2 sets from him for his Dodge and Ranger.

Cole, check out DDM, the smallest digital ballasts, lifetime warrantee and retail is $70 :beercheers:

post-1632-1243018105_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...