Towing capacity of a Chevy Suburban

stoic

I have read the weights which can be pulled. I would like to hear about personal experiences with towing using a Chevy Suburban. It appears that even the smallest toy hauler is too large to be pulled by a Suburban?

I have read the weights which can be pulled. I would like to hear about personal experiences with towing using a Chevy Suburban. It appears that even the smallest toy hauler is too large to be pulled by a Suburban?

Your vehicle should have a maximum towing weight in its owners manual. I would not exceed that. Remember when buying a toy hauler, trailer, etc... make sure you account for the trailer weight, plus everythign else you would haul along, food, bikes. atv's, rails, what ever, once those haulers get fully loaded, they can weigh alot. Also, your towing will be limited by what class hitch you have installed on your burban. I knwo your question was how much weight can be pulled, but dont forget to ask how much weight can your burban stop and in how many feet at what speed.

I have a 3/4 ton burb with a performance chip (not sure the chip helps) It tows like a champ on flat roads, but mountains and steep grades I always have problems with the tranny overheating. I have started towing over potasi in a lower gear and that helps a little. But sucks having to go 30 over the mtn. Stopping has never been an issue. Coming down potisi has been a little hairy at times, but I tend to use the trailer breaks more on that and also use a lower gear.

My hauler is a 21 ft rampage, and typically I only have 1 bike in there. Hope this gives ya some help!! :grin: