So How did your day go?

Free Agent

When I was in the Marines, they sent me to Thailand to a US Air Force cross training center to learn loading airplanes with cargo and troops.

It was a temp set-up training Coast Guard, Navy AF and Marines.

We'd go into town at night, and the taxicabs were the craziest in the world, bar none, and a life endangering experience.

I'll get back to that.

So Yesterday I drop off the 2500 HD because I can't get the A/C to act right.

Their are several dozen Bulletins on it and I'm spent, so let the guys at the dealer that mess with this stuff everyday have a hand at it.

The service manager put me in the Courtesy Shuttle for a ride home. A new Equinox.

Fantastic vehicle the new Equinox. Streets ahead of the competition IMHO.

Just an excellent, peppy, quiet, and very roomy vehicle.

The kid driving it pulls outta the dealership and cuts off traffic in both directions. Everyone slamming on their brakes and swerving into the shoulder to avoid us.

Then the kid hits about 70 MPH, and blows the first red light.

Just a glowing Cherry red, no question we gotta stop red light.

Then I mention AGAIN that was the street we needed to turn on, because he's not listening while telling me about his wife,, and he slams on the brakes and all the cars behind us almost stack up,, this while doing a 4 wheel drift,, and does a U turn in front of oncoming traffic.

A guy that looks like he just took delivery on his new F250 misses us by a paint job. His eyes like Coors light beer cans popping outta his head.

The kid driving me in the courtesy shuttle then does a 4 wheel drift around the corner and blasts through the first stop sign. A big, red STOP sign.

I was back in Thailand in one of those crazy taxis flashed through my pea brain.

Approaching my house we have a narrow street with a tight, blind curve.

On top of that, my neighbor down the street is slowly backing in his WW and is mostly hanging out in the street trying to maneuver his rig backwards up the drive., and we dart around him blindly into oncoming traffic almost head-on-ing a mom in a Mini Cooper full of kids.

So later,,,, the dealer calls. They found the A/C problem and fixed it free. Yep, free and asked me if I wanted them to send the shuttle over.

"Nahhh" I told them,, the wifie will drive me.

I made no mention of the Bancock style taxi ride and I gave both the mechanic and the service writer a Mobil gas card for their troubles.

Edited by Free Agent

every step of the way i can totally picture this...i like the way you write your experience...as far as the courtsey driver...i would have killed em!..and dismembered his body ...

glad you got your truck fixed, and its amazing what memories the military reminds us of!!

thats some crazy :old: :poop: ....hell with that i would of said something to the manager....i mean sometimes we say haaa it all right ,but sometimes we need to realized that alot of time parents go with their kids to drop off their vehicles or family member are out driving, and this kid is putting every body at risk,imagine if this kid had that car full with a family and causes an accident that fatals kills the member and you didn't mention nothing that could of changed things...i mean not get the kid fired but get a warning so he could be more careful.....well thats my point of view... :dunno:

we used to go to rosarito beach baja about 25 miles south of TJ on the coast. no one ever wanted the hassle to drive across the border. so we would park on the US side and walk across and catch a cab down to rosarito. several times it took 2 taxis to fit everyone in. so to start the trip off right i would tip the driver to beat the other taxi to the hotel. made for some scary fun times cutting traffic thru downtown TJ and the cliffs on the edge of town.

we used to go to rosarito beach baja about 25 miles south of TJ on the coast. no one ever wanted the hassle to drive across the border. so we would park on the US side and walk across and catch a cab down to rosarito. several times it took 2 taxis to fit everyone in. so to start the trip off right i would tip the driver to beat the other taxi to the hotel. made for some scary fun times cutting traffic thru downtown TJ and the cliffs on the edge of town.

Wow this brings back memories, i remember being in a cab where the driver was more wasted than us on avenida revolution in TJ, the guy literally squeezed beetween a parked car and bus and dented and scraped his taxi on both sides, he just drove off like nothing rambling away about how good of a night he had before coming to work........ The taxi ride ended when he ran a red signal while vomiting out of his window, we just couldnt stand the smell of vomit. Sorry Senor Taxi. :dunno:

Our particular problem evidently was solved by simply un-plugging the pressure switch on the A/C reciever near the firewall, un-screwing it 0ff the schrader valve and replacing it with a new one.

They have color stripes around them designating the older bad ones compared to the newer good ones.

Brown, double brown, blue ect.

This I'm told by the service writer.

I had read a service bulletin that my problem was caused by several factors with the reciever, evaporator, switch and a few other gizmos on the system, all causing the system to fail.

They were cool, they simply changed out the switch,, they took the truck to lunch, it worked great,,, no charge.

I had sued this dealership a long time ago.

They "aligned" the front end of a truck I had and it ruined my tires.

Expensive Michelins XH's.

I learned they had no alignment equipment, they used a level and a tape measure.

So it was an easy win in Small Claims court.

They have made so many enemies here in Simi, they are doing little favors trying to reconcile with the locals.

Ya never see a new GM car with their dealership license plate frame around it.

When we were shopping new z06's, they couldn't be bothered,, so we went to Monterey Park and got a hell of a deal.

$17K off MSRP, loaded.

The sales staff in the showroom now is on the ball, seems like they are a big improvement.

We've had worse.

My son took his Toyota to the DCH Toyota dealer out here, was charged for a full brake job, they never touched the truck.

It was back to small claims court, and another dealer even gave us all the proof.