Little Sahara Information

aceisback

Heading out Wednesday for DS Days and just read through all of the post. I started this thread for anyone to chime in that has been there before with trip info such as where to fill up with water and fuel before straying off of the beaten path, where to dump at, places for emergency repair items such as tires/batteries/ etc, any good places to grub in the area, particular sights to see in the area, and so on.

Just like what has been done for Dumont and Glamis except a beginners guide for Little Sahara. Simple enough I think.

Lets hear it, the good and the bad. Thanks

get gas in nephi,nephi is also closest for parts. they have water onsite in all the camping areas their are spigots. there is also a dump station there,it is clearly marked. only sights are the natural ones which are very nice from the top of comp or sunset hill.it is about 25 miles from the nearest town,which isn't much of one. the good very fun place to ride,if you like sand trails their are tons of them,no real dropoffs or witches eyes, the bad its utah and 5700 feet

When we went to LS, we didn't go through Nephi. It kinda seemed a little out of the way. Jackster got to check it out though. :dunno::headbang1:

Going north, Delta is the last place to fill up other than a small gas station/ market on the 6. I don't remember what town it is in though. Maybe Lynndyl. Delta has some places to eat, a couple gas stations, and I wanna say I even saw a Yamaha dealer just on the outside of town heading north.

The elevation isn't too power robbing up there. You shouldn't even have to change jets. I never did and had no problems.

There are a couple spots to get up and over sand mountain, but the I love the trails leading around it to the back where the dunes are. The trails are a blast.

White sands is a huge area to check out, but gets pretty boring as the dunes arent very easy flowing like Dumont. They are really small and hard to read during the middle of the day. They are easily white washed since they are, well....white. lol

Their vendor row is pretty nonexistant up there compared to Dumont or Glamis. lol It's small but theres a couple vendors that sell food, ice, and whatever. Not sure if they will be there on an off weekend though.

There is fresh water spickets throughout the camp area at sand mountain. As for dump stations, there are some at the white sands and jericho campgrounds a little farther up the road.

If you go thru Nephi you went the long way around.

I have only been once and had a great time. Killer dunes behind the big Azz hill. Will definitely go again. :headbang1:

I can only say do not take the side slope at the top left of sand mountain at a 45* angle. If you do. Do not let off the gas yo will do a superman dive and a double roll. :headspin: :headspin:

I know the Emergency Room in Nephi the DR.S treat you real good and have weekly patients. There was a wendys burger joint if you go this way. the only thing there for food.

Have fun and send your trip report with pics. :dunno: