new quad

fctryblack84

It depends on your riding style. The 700 will soak up more stuff and @ higher speeds, but the 450 will take the 700 on the hill. I have friends that like the 450, but they are smaller (shorter) people. Me, being 6'2", I like the bigger bike myself. just my .02

It depends on your riding style. The 700 will soak up more stuff and @ higher speeds, but the 450 will take the 700 on the hill. I have friends that like the 450, but they are smaller (shorter) people. Me, being 6'2", I like the bigger bike myself. just my .02

What's wrong with short people, it's not like we have a choice :D

What's wrong with short people, it's not like we have a choice :D

oh nothing..just stating a point about the quad :ninja:

I have ridden 450's and 700's and maybe I am getting old, but the 700 rides alot softer and is more my style. Even if I am a short guy...

exactly my point. :bawl: The bigger quads are a lil more plush over the bumps. I'm sticking with a Raptor as far as quads go...unless they start makin em bigger. The Raptor is just more stable as fast speeds for me. :laughoff:

Second thought, PaulyPaul just bought a new zuki450 and he loves it. He rides fast like the rest of us in our group and the last trip out to D he seemed to have NO problem with it at all. It's almost a size of it's own between the other 450's and the Raptor. The longer suspension helps a bunch in the ruff. He did mention you shift it alot, kinda like a 2 stroke. This is probably because it's geared for track. I bet if you changed out the sprocket(s), it would be great for the dunes. I guess you'd just have to ride the two and see for yourself, Jon. It's all personal preference.

Just a little input, the Suzuki 450's rear shock linkage are breaking due to a factory defect, I guess the robotic welder didn't weld it all the way. Just read it in the August Dirt Wheels. By the way, did anyone happen to see page 117 of the July Dirt Wheels? :laughoff:

Just a little input, the Suzuki 450's rear shock linkage are breaking due to a factory defect, I guess the robotic welder didn't weld it all the way. Just read it in the August Dirt Wheels. By the way, did anyone happen to see page 117 of the July Dirt Wheels? :laughoff:

Yeah I've heard of that. There were a bunch from the first production bikes involved in that recall. PaulyPaul just bought his a couple weeks ago and his isn't in the recall so all the 450's built from now on should be fine.

What's the scoop on the linkage? Are they doing anything about it?

What's the scoop on the linkage? Are they doing anything about it?

I think they are putting new frames on the ones that are recalled. Pauly looked into this because he found out about the recall right after he bought his. He was like WTF!!?? :ninja: They are suppose to put a stop-sell on the bikes that are recalled that haven't sold yet.

Fortunatley, like I said, his isn't in the recall. :D:laughoff: fffffew

I think they are putting new frames on the ones that are recalled. Pauly looked into this because he found out about the recall right after he bought his. He was like WTF!!?? :ninja: They are suppose to put a stop-sell on the bikes that are recalled that haven't sold yet.

Fortunatley, like I said, his isn't in the recall. :D:laughoff: fffffew

Well, from what I read the welding machine didn't weld the linkage bracket all the way. I guess if you weld it, it's fine. Otherwise it will break off. I say duct tape it and forget about it.

ya ive been the dirt wheels mags..and they say that they have had problems with the rear arm and everything..hopefully they fix it atleast so they dont have a bunch of pissed customers

Or you could avoid all these issues and get a proven winner,THE YFZ450,or 06 TRX450 :laughing: Or if you need a farm machine you can get a DS or Raptor :freakin_nuts:

Edited by Sand_YFZ