No good deed goes unpunished!

Don29palms

So I'm on my way home last night and I decided to take the dirt road. It's shorter and kind of relaxing. There is this old man out in the middle of no where with the hood up on his Ford truck so I stop and ask if he needs help. FIRST MISTAKE! He says his truck is overheating and asks if I have some water. I did so I fill up his radiator and he tries to star the truck. It barely starts and when he puts it in gear it dies. I ask him if he needs a ride somewhere and he says he does. SECOND MISTAKE! He grabs a grocery bag out of his truck and gets in mine. We are going down the road and the bag spills over on the floor. He didn't tell me there was an open half full beer in the bag. Now my truck smells like a brewery! THIRD MISTAKE! I ask him where he needs to go and he says he lives in Landers. FOURTH MISTAKE! Landers is about 30 mile out of my way. I take him home and drop him off. Story over? HELL NO! I get almost home and I see on my dashboard a black folder with a bunch of important papers this guy left in my truck. So since his truck was only 10 miles away and his house was 25 miles away I dropped the folder back off at his truck. He said thanks but do you think he offered any money for gas? HELL NO! I'm done helping people out. Next time they can just roast in the desert for all I care.

Edited by Don29palms

It's not that I needed the money and if he would have offered I wouldn"t have taken it anyway but a little appreciation to someone going way out of their way to help you out would be nice. I just see too many people anymore that only think about their own well being and don't act like they care about anyone else. I know I will still stop and try to help people when I can but that crap just pissed me off.

If ya really want to see most people dark side:

Wait until ya inherit your folks house,,, rent it out,, then the situation with the renters gets real ugly real quick.

Having said that, we always try and lend some assistance when folks are stuck in the dunes.

A young family was buried to the body in their new Subaru wagon.

We yanked them out, but they could'a spent the night there had we not stumbled along.

Not a thank you or a go-to-hell from them. Nothin'.

Damfino.

If ya really want to see most people dark side:

Wait until ya inherit your folks house,,, rent it out,, then the situation with the renters gets real ugly real quick.

Having said that, we always try and lend some assistance when folks are stuck in the dunes.

A young family was buried to the body in their new Subaru wagon.

We yanked them out, but they could'a spent the night there had we not stumbled along.

Not a thank you or a go-to-hell from them. Nothin'.

Damfino.

Not even a thanks would piss me off, the nerve of some people....