Vw to subaru rail slow transformation

crewzin70

Ended up azzing out in a witches eye at the freakin baby dunes last season and result was crunching my frame from my rear shock towers up with the impact. Decided it was time to upgrade. Chassis went to the scraper for 40 bucks, sold the A-arm front end to a person doing a conversion similar to my deal.

Rest of my parts are being transplanted into the new car. RIP little buggy we had some good rides!

2011-03-12_12-07-46_90.jpg

2011-03-12_12-07-57_851.jpg

2011-04-27_18-47-43_2.jpg

2011-06-07_13-02-56_631.jpg

2011-07-01_11-51-30_8.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never hit the baby dunes Not sure if I want to now. My girls keep asking me to go!

:whoop:

We were over there for a day trip mostly for the kids and a friend with a kid for their first time to the dunes and really riding quads. Really it's not bad at all over there and pretty mellow. I just have crappy luck and found the one 5-6ft witches eye out there 3rd gear just feeling good in the first 10 min with our guest in the car and one of my daughters. Sweeping the tops of a winding finger basically, came up on it and decided no time to stop or change course so gassed it knowing I didn't want my front end in it and thinking the rear could suck it up but it hit just right. Crazy it was a little jarring but was not too bad.

Best part is our friend, a female tells me she wants the first ride in the new car, she was having a blast! LOL

Live and Learn, never let ur guard down cuz it looks like nice smooth sailing and their "baby" dunes. Good thing is car was almost ready for powdercoat and if I woulda had it all done and this break happened I woulda lost it.

I have never hit the baby dunes Not sure if I want to now. My girls keep asking me to go!

:whoop:

Plalyed in the Little Dunes a few times in the Rhino and rails. It was fun but things can happen in a hurry, as you can see. I try and get over there every time we go out to Dumont.

Yes YNOT, there are places for me to get hung up! :laughing: It just hasn't happened yet! :no_no: It's actuallly kinda fun with my smaller car! :beercheers: