crash at comp

vegas450r

Yesterday aroud 2 pm my son crashed going up comp on our honda 450. I was at banshee and some one in a sand rail came and told me that my son crashed. I,d like to thank them.

When I got over there a couple of sand rails were helping get the quad to bottom of hill. I'd like to thank them also. Also the two guys who helped lift the front of the quad up on my tailgate of my truck.

If anybody saw what happened, could you let me know. My son said the quad took a quick turn to the right then to the left, then flipped up hill.

He's pretty sore right now, don't think anythings broken, just bruised up alot.

Thanks again to all that helped us out.

The story i heard was he was goign out and hit those nice whoops on the right side of the hill and it got away from him.. Rolled 3 times going UPHILL then started its decent downhill. I wasnt there but Skinner from DDR was there and saw it happen. He said it wasnt but mear seconds that some buggy's stopped right next to him to help him out.

that section of whoops off to the right was kickin people around pretty good, from dirt bikes to buggies.

I had just got to the bottom of the hill and was turning around when he started to head up, and everything was looking good, and as I took my helmet off, I looked up the hill again and the bike went kartwheeling up the hill, then back down the hill a rotation, I thought that the whoops got him, he was right in the "not so sweet' spot where alot of people kept gettin a bad rhythm as they were climbing and would have to back down off the throttle a bit, didnt know the bike turned on him, but that would explain the kartwheel i suppose, it was a rough one for sure, but he got right up at first and walked around to the left of the bike and then two rails were there right away and then another quad just after them. I am glad to hear he is doing ok, and I wish him a speedy recovery on the aches and pains! it was a pretty nasty spill for sure.

that section of whoops off to the right was kickin people around pretty good, from dirt bikes to buggies.

I had just got to the bottom of the hill and was turning around when he started to head up, and everything was looking good, and as I took my helmet off, I looked up the hill again and the bike went kartwheeling up the hill, then back down the hill a rotation, I thought that the whoops got him, he was right in the "not so sweet' spot where alot of people kept gettin a bad rhythm as they were climbing and would have to back down off the throttle a bit, didnt know the bike turned on him, but that would explain the kartwheel i suppose, it was a rough one for sure, but he got right up at first and walked around to the left of the bike and then two rails were there right away and then another quad just after them. I am glad to hear he is doing ok, and I wish him a speedy recovery on the aches and pains! it was a pretty nasty spill for sure.

Thanks for the info. I was just trying to figure out if it was something mechanical with the quad. We just got it together. It's a 450 base motor that we built to a 600cc. We were out there to do some gearing/suspension tuning. Sounds as if it was just the woops. My son showed me his tracks. From the bottom it didn't look like the woops were to bad. the tracks just took a hard right. Guess the rear suspension bucked him.

they didnt look bad till you got up there then they were deep.. saw a few cars do some bunny hoppin thru them.. and if you werent ready for it on a 2 wheeler it would send you a$$ over teakettle.. i had to let off a few times when i hit them.. the front end would just come straight up.. made me check my drawers once at night on skinners quad :P

Glad to hear your son is ok. It was a pretty crazy crash. I had gone up comp for the first time myself this weekend and then started getting a little cocky about it, then I watched your son crash and that was the last time for me!!! LOL (even though i wasnt going fast enough for the whoops to do anything to me) Just like my husband skinner said it was the whoops.....he had a lot of speed going up and the bike just kicked up from under him and started flipping UP COMP. That was the craziest part. It flipped UP comp at least three times and then came back down a flip and a half. He got up walked around the bike and then fell back down into the sand, we really thought he was hurt. It was great how fast everyone was there right away to help him, and get his quad back down.

ya it was me who crashed. im not really hurt just the collarbone i broke 2 years ago hurts real bad and im pretty bruised up. thanks alot to the guys who stoped and helped me. Now me and my dad both crashed on the same hill lol

glad your ok John. You know what they say...... Crashing is just part of riding and if your going to do it, at least do it so someone says (after they confirm your not hurt) that was cool..... did you see that.

Sounds like you did it rite. LOL