need help deep frying a turkey

jorgeloco

I am planing to deep fry a turkey for t-day, I haven't done this ever or seen anyone cook one before so I ask you guys how do I go about doing this? without getting hurt :beercheers: ....any help help will be appriciated very much.

try this. Make use the thing is dry............... water and oil don't mix.

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/poultry/fried-turk.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Deep-Fry-a-Turkey

thank you ladies for the info, but i think it will be saver to go with jodi's suggestion since I haven't deep fry it turkey before I don't want to be the turkey on fire........so off to order one hope fully I get in time :praying: :praying:

You could probably get one at Cosco or Walmart or someplace like that

We deep Fry a couple every year, really easy. 16lb turkey in 45 minutes. The key in my opinion is use peanut oil, inject it with maranade and keep an eye on it so it does not overcook. It ends up VERY moist and not greasy at all. :beercheers:

man that sound good too thanks

yup I got one :turkey: ....found it at homo depot.........We'll be having some :lol: ......thanks again rebecca and jodi :beercheers::turkey:

Its so easy to use even I can do it at home without help! I wouldn't try that with a deep fryer :lol:

We got ours last year at Sam's! We put anihiem and jalepeno peppers inside the turkey and pinned the hole to keep it closed... you can also inject it like raspadoo suggested... the one thing we forgot the first time around was to put it in tinfoil and wrap it with a towel for half an hour after taking it out! :lol: someone was excited to try the turkey! :turkey: and forgot to read the instruction booklet!

And you can cook massive roasts in it, and veggies, and I still want to get the clam basket attachment and do a New England clam bake for one of the trips! :flipoff: