consolidating my build pics!

SKINNER

how it looked when i got it from that OGP character!

post-225-1234111178-1.jpg

how it looked at the 1st regatta!

SI850326-1.jpg

then this happened!

CIMG0052.jpg

a little modifying to add some clearance in the "tunnel"

PC091224.jpg

dropped off parts to the coater

CIMG0080.jpg

random polishing while waiting for parts

before

IMG_0804.jpg

after...still need to get some of the narrow areas with a hand held buffer

IMG_0806.jpg

compared to original stock intake

IMG_0807.jpg

brake mounts.....need to hit these again now that i have some new compound

PC091233.jpg

the new motor

CIMG0050.jpg

again

CIMG0051.jpg

i had a little brainstrom and remembered i had this from my street glide

may just have to get a new frame and put this guy on the 70

IMG_0813.jpg

Edited by SKINNER

ya caught me! its a turning brake!....it took alot of work to get it to work to get it to work with a single drum and a straight axle too! i figured out an ingenious way to make it work buy mounting it to the engine! i am quite proud of myself!! ...LOL!

HAHA

just playin with ya, that is the "kicker" or the puller i guess you would call it in that configuration.

the motor is not honda, it a knock off chinese motor, so it has elec. start and a spot for a kicker also, you pull that handle up from the front just as you would kick if it went back.

Edited by SKINNER

it should work out well, but i cant take credit for this one, it came with the motor..lol

i built one for another bike i used to have. that one actually folded under the motor and you would fold it back out then pull it up to start it. that one was pretty bitchin.

hopefully once i get my powdercoat back it all goes together well!

i feel like i am on that "wrecks to ritches" show and i have 4 weeks to build! nothin like procrastination!

:atc:

thanks guys, it was like an early christmas present unwrapping everything today! already got the new bearings and seals in, brakes are together and the drum "sheild". its like building a really large model, its kind of addicting. time to start looking for another one i think! :atc:

so, exhaust is built, wiring harnes is now figured out, and the engine has been fired. just in time to give me some added incentive to keep messin with it! the blaster hubs got mis-shipped and returned but are now on the way again. wheels and "fifty series tires" are on their way. just need to get by mcfadden-dale and find some nice new nuts and bolts for a few places. Pulled the motor back out a little bit ago and its time to get the harness mounted in for the last time and finish up the battery tray. then it should be smooth sailin from there. :atc:

oh no doubt, every time you get done with one little glitch, another one is right there waiting, and there is nothing to these thing, like 50 pieces counting the damn bolts! lol

but your right it is fun to work on, its not like working on a full size, you can just pick it and turn it around or flip it over, or spin it, its like having your own midget stripper. :laughoff:

gotta grab some bolts and stop by keisub and get some switches, then its back to assemblIE (<---monkie tribute). :think:

Alright so, put the motor back in for (hopefully) the last time. Finally got all of the electrics installed and tested, installed the motor and tested the system out and all is a go!...so far! still waiting on fenders, hubs, wheels/tires, and seat cover. probably gonna grab a new set of bars, same ones just with less scratches..haha. other than that just some odds and ends and cosmetic stuff and it should shape up pretty decent!

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

i just built a pipe , i wanted it to run under the bike so i cut apart the pipe that came with the motor, then i picked a chrome tip from vato-zone and ran the pipe into it under the bike. its not a show stopper but its workin. i still need to make a baffle for it though.

i threw the old plastics and tires back on tonight and ran up and down the street a few times, everything is workin pretty good so far. just hurry up and wait for the pretty parts now.

:atc: rear hubs, wheels and tires arrived, punched the stock blaster 10mm studs out of the hubs and pressed in new 12mm studs so standard automotive style "acorn" lug nuts would work, mounted the wheels and fired it up to give it a test ride annnnnd...ran out of gas, damn!...oh well tomorows another day i suppose. front wheel and tire are on the way. i am draggin my feet on the plastics, not sure if i am ordering a full set or just the rear set. waiting for the front wheel/tire setup to get here so i can check for size and see if the front fender will still work before i order anything. :atc:

thanks mang!....yours is coming along sweeeet too!

here is a little video from out front of the casa, i could have done it with a tape recorder since you cant see much, but you do catch a glimpse of a 450 lb guy riding a 100 lb bike haha!!!!!! so no land spped records being broke, but who cares its fun as hell! LOL!!

regardless! its aliiive alivvve!!

faat guy, on a litttte biiike

Edited by SKINNER