A new. great feature at the south pole!

You dont have to Thank me!

kevins@fischergoup.com

Here is the cover letter to be attached to all letters. I'm trying to upload the picture of the mail box with my son standing next to it and a picture of the dunes to be attached also, but I'm having troubles. I'll work on it this weekend. If your in a hurry to send, send without pictures but please add cover letter. Thank you!!!!!! Call me if needed. By the way how many letters did you bring back?

Hello, my name is Steve Rezes better known as the "Termiteslayer". I just wanted to personally "Thank You" for your service and to explain how the following letter of encouragement made its way to you. I live in Orange County, California and have been enjoying driving my sand rail in our local desert playground "Dumont Dunes" located in Death Valley for the last 5 years. These dunes are 200 miles from me and are not too far from Las Vegas, Nevada.

One of our goals during each trip is to drive to the furthest end of the dunes so named the "North Pole". There is a steel pole with a mailbox for kids to drop off letters to Santa Claus. Ever since my first trip to the dunes, I thought it would be nice to have a place for people to drop off letters to our troops. I'm a contractor that does structural repairs to homes and one day I removed a post from a client’s front porch in Huntington Beach ,Ca and I decided this could be the post for the mailbox some day so I saved it on the side of my house for 4 years. This last Christmas 2009, when my son was home from the Navy for a visit we made plans to do a Dune Trip for New Years 2010 and I finally decided to put up the mailbox at the South Pole as Santa already has all the mailing rights at the “North Pole”. I consulted with my little brother Calvin Vandervoort,who is a veteran, I asked him if this was a good idea or not or even legal to do. He thought it was an awesome idea and donated a mailbox that he had started to put flames on for his house from 5 years ago. We both thought my son would love the challenge of painting flames on it, so we removed all the old masking tape and started over with fresh tape and you can thank my son SN. Michael Rezes for the badass flames, they are the first he ever painted. I repainted the post, attached the box and sign, and wrapped it up for the long drive to the dunes. Once at the dunes, I informed all of the others in our group that on the last day there, I planned to install the post and I wanted them all to join in on the project. Therefore, Sunday morning I loaded up my sand rail with two 100-pound bags of quick set concrete a 5-gallon jug of water, a shovel and my son and everyone drove out to the South Pole together. Special thanks to Darren who hauled the mailbox in the back of his truck,

sorry that you got stuck a few times on the way back to camp. I picked a spot about 50 feet from the South Pole, collected some big rocks to put around the post, and dug a hole. After the post was in I decided to write my name on it, that started a tagging frenzy, and tons of pictures as you will see. I hugged my son, cried, and told him I am VERY PROUD of him and I prayed that he would stay safe and I pray the same for you!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN, FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY & WORLD. MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR ALL!!!

Steve Rezes

2111 Ramona Ave

La Habra,Ca 90631

(562) 266-1922

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the cover letter to be attached to all letters. I'm trying to upload the picture of the mail box with my son standing next to it and a picture of the dunes to be attached also, but I'm having troubles. I'll work on it this weekend. If your in a hurry to send, send without pictures but please add cover letter. Thank you!!!!!! Call me if needed. By the way how many letters did you bring back?

Hello, my name is Steve Rezes better known as the "Termiteslayer". I just wanted to personally "Thank You" for your service and to explain how the following letter of encouragement made its way to you. I live in Orange County, California and have been enjoying driving my sand rail in our local desert playground "Dumont Dunes" located in Death Valley for the last 5 years. These dunes are 200 miles from me and are not too far from Las Vegas, Nevada.

One of our goals during each trip is to drive to the furthest end of the dunes so named the "North Pole". There is a steel pole with a mailbox for kids to drop off letters to Santa Claus. Ever since my first trip to the dunes, I thought it would be nice to have a place for people to drop off letters to our troops. I'm a contractor that does structural repairs to homes and one day I removed a post from a client’s front porch in Huntington Beach ,Ca and I decided this could be the post for the mailbox some day so I saved it on the side of my house for 4 years. This last Christmas 2009, when my son was home from the Navy for a visit we made plans to do a Dune Trip for New Years 2010 and I finally decided to put up the mailbox at the South Pole as Santa already has all the mailing rights at the “North Pole”. I consulted with my little brother Calvin Vandervoort,who is a veteran, I asked him if this was a good idea or not or even legal to do. He thought it was an awesome idea and donated a mailbox that he had started to put flames on for his house from 5 years ago. We both thought my son would love the challenge of painting flames on it, so we removed all the old masking tape and started over with fresh tape and you can thank my son SN. Michael Rezes for the badass flames, they are the first he ever painted. I repainted the post, attached the box and sign, and wrapped it up for the long drive to the dunes. Once at the dunes, I informed all of the others in our group that on the last day there, I planned to install the post and I wanted them all to join in on the project. Therefore, Sunday morning I loaded up my sand rail with two 100-pound bags of quick set concrete a 5-gallon jug of water, a shovel and my son and everyone drove out to the South Pole together. Special thanks to Darren who hauled the mailbox in the back of his truck,

sorry that you got stuck a few times on the way back to camp. I picked a spot about 50 feet from the South Pole, collected some big rocks to put around the post, and dug a hole. After the post was in I decided to write my name on it, that started a tagging frenzy, and tons of pictures as you will see. I hugged my son, cried, and told him I am VERY PROUD of him and I prayed that he would stay safe and I pray the same for you!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN, FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY & WORLD. MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR ALL!!!

:ahhhhh: :thumb::blink::shake::lol::old::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Steve Rezes

2111 Ramona Ave

La Habra,Ca 90631

(562) 266-1922

post-6164-1266536708_thumb.jpg post-6164-1266536826_thumb.jpg

To anyone that can help me pick up the letters from the mail box. Here is the final cover letter that needs to be attached to all letters. If you can make copies that would be great. If not I'll make you some and mail them to you. Thank you for your help.

Steve Rezes (562) 266-1922Steves_dunes_flyer_pdf.pdf

To anyone that can help me pick up the letters from the mail box. Here is the final cover letter that needs to be attached to all letters. If you can make copies that would be great. If not I'll make you some and mail them to you. Thank you for your help.

Steve Rezes (562) 266-1922Steves_dunes_flyer_pdf.pdf

Steve sorry It took me this long to post is just been a busy week at work any how the mail box looks good everything is in one piece iWe took pictures of the mail box by my home computer is acting up :DDR:

the mail box is well stock with paper and pens but no letters :idiot:< i will send you the pm you the pics once I get my computer to behave :idiot:

Thanks for the pictures. My little brother sent me video from his cell phone Presidents week end. So far so good no damage to mail box WOW!!!! :lol: .I'm going out for the dune clean up trip March 13th. Lets hook up we will camp at Bath #7.... I have a White 2 seater with Blue Navy Flag I have a bloody fake rubber head between my seats. My motorhome is a Fleetwood Southwind with American flag painted on the back. Hope to see ya Stop by and say hi. What toys do you have???

:lol::clap::clap::clap::dope::lol::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Thanks for the pictures. My little brother sent me video from his cell phone Presidents week end. So far so good no damage to mail box WOW!!!! :lol: .I'm going out for the dune clean up trip March 13th. Lets hook up we will camp at Bath #7.... I have a White 2 seater with Blue Navy Flag I have a bloody fake rubber head between my seats. My motorhome is a Fleetwood Southwind with American flag painted on the back. Hope to see ya Stop by and say hi. What toys do you have???

:lol::clap::clap::clap::dope::lol::usa::usa::usa::usa:

yeah we'll be ther the same weekend not sure wher we're staying jet but here is a picture of my rig

post-3503-1267117530_thumb.jpg

hope to see you there pal :usa:

yeah we'll be ther the same weekend not sure wher we're staying jet but here is a picture of my rig

post-3503-1267117530_thumb.jpg

hope to see you there pal :beercheers:

We will look for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS OUT I JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THE EDITOR OF SAND SPORTS MAG MICHAEL SOMMER. HE IS GOING TO RUN AN ARTICLE IN THE MAY ISSUE ABOUT THE MAIL BOX. HOW F-IN COOL IS THAT??????

:dunno::flipoff::thumb::dope::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

We will look for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS OUT I JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THE EDITOR OF SAND SPORTS MAG MICHAEL SOMMER. HE IS GOING TO RUN AN ARTICLE IN THE MAY ISSUE ABOUT THE MAIL BOX. HOW F-IN COOL IS THAT??????

:dunno::flipoff::thumb::dope::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

cool man congrats on the article, sure stop by and have a cold one :beercheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going out this weekend to the dune clean up trip. I'll be camping by Bath room #7 I will be in my Grey Chevy silverado back window says "Termiteslayer"with blue flat boat trailer with tool box on front. Sand Rail is White With King Shocks. Stop by Or I'll see ya at the prize give away after dune cleanup.

Steve

ace, i didnt ask the SSG to have any of his platoon reply with the letters i sent. when i e-mailed SSG Gonzales letting him know the letter are bing mailed, i included the DDR web site and the links to the letter box section on the board. hopefully when they return home they will be able to view the site and see the cool pictures everyone has posted.

Thank you again for picking up the letters and getting them out. My buddy cleaned it out on presidents day and I cleaned it out sunday 3-14-10 I've got some good letters to get out. I restocked the mail box with paper and pens. I went to visit it on Friday afternoon and the box looked good. When i went out Sunday it had been beat up on both ends and the top. It looked as if someone punched it on both ends I as able to fix it some but the top was hard to push out. Oh well I never expected it to go without a-hole messing with it.I hope it made their life better.

:blury::grin::banghead::DDRrocks::laughoff::pissed: :ahhhhh: :blury::dope::coocoo:

Thank you again for picking up the letters and getting them out. My buddy cleaned it out on presidents day and I cleaned it out sunday 3-14-10 I've got some good letters to get out. I restocked the mail box with paper and pens. I went to visit it on Friday afternoon and the box looked good. When i went out Sunday it had been beat up on both ends and the top. It looked as if someone punched it on both ends I as able to fix it some but the top was hard to push out. Oh well I never expected it to go without a-hole messing with it.I hope it made their life better.

:lol::old::barf::mex::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

thas some F N bull :poop: i can't understand why people can't leave things alone :beercheers: ....well now that i had a relieve i would like to say it was nice meeting you steveyou are cool peeps man hope this will not be the first or last time that we camp together.....had a blast bro :ban-split:

Edited by jr1208

Jr, Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys during the storm. I HAD A BLAST. We must have played texas hold-em for 6 hours while gorge sleep for 5. The coors light put a hurt on him. You gotta post the video of him snoring if it came out good? We will hook up again, you and Nancy are fun to be around. I give props to her for being the only one to scream in my sand Rail and was willing to lay on the ground and help jack up your truck. Thanks f-in hot. :hatdance: I told my wife she needs to do that for me or she's fired. :?:

BE GOOD Take Care

Peace Out

Steve the "Termiteslayer"

Hm (562)266-1922

:whistle::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

post-6164-1269022130_thumb.jpg

Jr, Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys during the storm. I HAD A BLAST. We must have played texas hold-em for 6 hours while gorge sleep for 5. The coors light put a hurt on him. You gotta post the video of him snoring if it came out good? We will hook up again, you and Nancy are fun to be around. I give props to her for being the only one to scream in my sand Rail and was willing to lay on the ground and help jack up your truck. Thanks f-in hot. :hatdance: I told my wife she needs to do that for me or she's fired. :?:

BE GOOD Take Care

Peace Out

Steve the "Termiteslayer"

Hm (562)266-1922

:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

thanks bro....man i tell you i won the lottery with her shes a gold pot :whistle: ...man the video came out a lil to dark but ill see what i can do....heres a couple of pics

post-5263-1269062410_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1269062493_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1269062538_thumb.jpg

left jorgeloco.nancy & steve

post-5263-1269062607_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Has anyone been out to the south pole lately i would love to have someone pick up letters for me call me if you can do so.(562)266-1922 Steve I'm in La Habra,Ca

:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

:clap: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :tweeker: :surrender:

• 4 months later...