A new. great feature at the south pole!

Someone went to the trouble to put up a new pole close to the south pole with a mail box on it with a letter pad and pen in it. The purpose is to leave a note or letter to our servicemen overseas that are protecting our right to enjoy our freedom to enjoy outings like Dumont.

It states that someone will pick up the letters or notes and send to servicemen that can use our support!

I hope that anyone that goes to Dumont will search out the South Pole and take the time to add to the messages to our servicemen that are putting their life on the line to protect our freedom.

Put yourself in their position the next time you sit out at the dunes and throw back a beer or go for a super ride or just appreciate the power of the duning experience or any other freedom we have!

Thank You!

:ban-split:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy, I give it until Robert E. Lee weekend before it's all jacked up like the North Pole mailbox was a few years back before it got it's armoured treatment!

I bet we could find a former service member to hide out up in the hills near the South Pole and exhibit some marksmanship skills on the first person to vandalize the box.

I'll stop by and check it all out on the 15th when we roll in for Rumble in the Desert. I'm guessing it won't look like it does now, too many assbags in the world today who just can't leave things that aren't theirs alone...

My buddys got this crazy idea to try this and see how it goes. They thought since the kids write letters to santa at the North Pole, why not write letters to our troops at the South Pole. So one of them made it, and the rest helped put it in. I'm bummed I didn't go this weekend, but finances wouldn't allow it. Hopefully this pole is still there in Feb. as that will be my first trip out there this season.

Anyway, here are two pics I got off my friends, wife's facebook page..............

post-17-1262708542_thumb.jpg

post-17-1262708575_thumb.jpg

Thats a hell of an idea. I never served in the service but respect the hell out of the men and women that did and currently are. I will check it out on the 22nd of Jan. Hope its still there!!! :hatdance: :hello:

Someone went to the trouble to put up a new pole close to the south pole with a mail box on it with a letter pad and pen in it. The purpose is to leave a note or letter to our servicemen overseas that are protecting our right to enjoy our freedom to enjoy outings like Dumont.

It states that someone will pick up the letters or notes and send to servicemen that can use our support!

I hope that anyone that goes to Dumont will search out the South Pole and take the time to add to the messages to our servicemen that are putting their life on the line to protect our freedom.

Put yourself in their position the next time you sit out at the dunes and throw back a beer or go for a super ride or just appreciate the power of the duning experience or any other freedom we have!

Thank You!

:beercheers:

My buddys got this crazy idea to try this and see how it goes. They thought since the kids write letters to santa at the North Pole, why not write letters to our troops at the South Pole. So one of them made it, and the rest helped put it in. I'm bummed I didn't go this weekend, but finances wouldn't allow it. Hopefully this pole is still there in Feb. as that will be my first trip out there this season.

Anyway, here are two pics I got off my friends, wife's facebook page..............

post-17-1262708542_thumb.jpg

post-17-1262708575_thumb.jpg

Now that is really cool.

:?: I put up a mail box at the South pole so that people could write letters to our troops to help with moral. If you have time please stop by it is located 50 ft from the south pole. Please post info and pictures about the condition of pole and or contents. Thank you for your help. God Bless our Troops!!

post-6164-1263917420.jpg