CARB cornholes offroaders yet again

Richard Cheese

I don't understand why you people aren't as pissed off about these a-holes as I am

This is what is coming to you if you do not live in CA

http://www.killcarb.org/2010020402-racingfuel.html

and

http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/advs/advs397.pdf

cliffs notes for those that are reading challenged

“Racing vehicle” is defined as a competition vehicle not used on public highways. Further, if you can drive it to the track, it is not a racing vehicle. Racing vehicles are exempted from California Air Resources Board (CARB) vehicular air pollution control requirements in section 43001 of the California Health and Safety Code. Racing fuel (gasoline used in racing vehicles), however, is not exempt from the California RFG requirements except as provided in Section 2261(f) of the CCR.

so, if it is street legal, you cannot run race fuel in it

here is where they kick us in the nads

CARB considers gasoline (leaded or unleaded) used in racing vehicles for testing, practice, or actual competition for and during a sanctioned racing event to be exempt from the reformulated gasoline (RFG) specifications. Competition vehicles driven to a racing event on a public highway rather than being transported on a trailer or other carrier are not racing vehicles. Motor vehicles used for work, pleasure, or recreation, i.e. cars, trucks, 4X4’s, motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATV’s, dune buggies, sand rails, and other vehicles not strictly used for racing events, are not racing vehicles and gasoline used in these vehicles is not exempt from California RFG requirements. Therefore, it is illegal to sell, offer for sale, supply, and offer for supply non-complying racing fuel (leaded and unleaded) for motor vehicles in California except in competition racing vehicles.

you may not run race fuel in your quad, sandrail, dune buggy.....because they are not strictly for racing

if youre as sick of this sh*t as I am (im not even allowed to have a freeking fire in my fireplace most of the winter now) i think you know what to do.

Holy crap :freakin_nuts:

and what are you referring to about your fireplace?...is there some kind of city regulation or h.o.a. rule?

our government seems to be getting to big for their britches.

Holy crap :freakin_nuts:

and what are you referring to about your fireplace?...is there some kind of city regulation or h.o.a. rule?

our government seems to be getting to big for their britches.

CARB has told residents of the San Joaquin Valley that if the air quality index is above a certain number, we cannot burn anything

:laughing:

CARB has told residents of the San Joaquin Valley that if the air quality index is above a certain number, we cannot burn anything

:laughing:

WOW, I run my fireplace almost every night during the winter in Riverside to save a few pennies on my utilities.

I suppose your tree huggin neighbors could rat you out if you were to defy CARB. :flipoff: :freakin_nuts:

WOW, I run my fireplace almost every night during the winter in Riverside to save a few pennies on my utilities.

I suppose your tree huggin neighbors could rat you out if you were to defy CARB. :laughing: :freakin_nuts:

I wouldnt plan on it for long, their are numerous county's already that have restictions CARB plans to stopping wood burning in the whole state.

Their is alot of talk about stopping camp fires for the same reasons.

I wouldnt plan on it for long, their are numerous county's already that have restictions CARB plans to stopping wood burning in the whole state.

Their is alot of talk about stopping camp fires for the same reasons.

What a bunch of bs, this really sucks. I just hope this never happens

UNBELIEVEABLE!

This just shows how out of touch our politicians are!

This recession doesn't mean a thing to them; they just keep spending our money, and making regulations like this to force us to spend more, on things like heating.

I'm boiling with them(CARB) over their new diesel requirements. In the trucking industry, we'll have to retrofit every truck in our flleet with particulate filters on the exhaust, retroactive for every year of truck on the road in CA. Not only will that kill longevity, squash fuel economy, but force many small business owners out of business. Each retrofit can cost around 10k per vehicle. I'm looking at spending 50k to conform, and then hope to recover those costs in a economy that is already suffocating me. I'd be better off to close my business.

Some may see good in these kind of regulations, but I ask, if every other state isn't keeping them, much less every other country, don't they think the wind patterns of this planet will just cycle that pollution back around. I mean, the world is a sphere :freakin_nuts: :rant_on:

Why is CA working so hard, at destroying the economy for businesses, for us off-roaders, etc. :laughing:

Finally a rational decision...

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:owner-newsrel@listserv.arb.ca.gov] On Behalf Of

dstanich@arb.ca.gov

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:25 PM

To: post-newsrel@listserv.arb.ca.gov

Subject: newsrel -- ARB gives relief to off-road construction equipment

owners

Enforcement of regulations will be postponed.

Release 10-13

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 11, 2010

Leo Kay

916-849-9843 cell

www.arb.ca.gov

ARB gives relief to off-road construction equipment owners

SACRAMENTO: Air Resources Board Executive Officer James G.

Goldstene issued the following statement today:

"Over the last several years, the construction industry has

felt the sting of the faltering economy with reduced activity and

idled off-road equipment. This has made it difficult for

contractors to pay for required clean-air upgrades to their

fleets. Along with this reduced construction activity has been a

corresponding reduction in construction emissions.

"Because of this, ahead of a March 1, 2010, compliance deadline,

ARB will issue an enforcement advisory to notify all stakeholders

affected by the off-road equipment regulation that effective

immediately, and until further notice, no enforcement action will

be taken for noncompliance. In addition, on March 11 an

Executive Officer hearing will be held where stakeholders may

testify on the question of whether the off-road regulations

should be further modified to account for the down economy and

subsequent emissions reductions. That information will be

included in an already-scheduled update to the full Board at its

April meeting.

"ARB will continue to evaluate the impact of the recession on

emissions from all sources and make adjustments to our

regulations as needed. However, the health of all Californians

requires that all industries continue to use the cleanest, most

efficient equipment possible. Clean air is not a luxury - it is

a right. We need to continue to work toward goals that save us

all money in healthcare costs, lost work and school days, and

contribute to our quality of life."

The Air Resources Board is a department of the California

Environmental Protection Agency. ARB's mission is to promote and

protect public health, welfare, and ecological resources through

effective reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and

considering effects on the economy. The ARB oversees all air

pollution control efforts in California to attain and maintain

health based air quality standards.

#####

======================================================================

You are subscribed to the newsrel mailing list. To UNSUBSCRIBE:

Please go to http://www.arb.ca.gov/listserv/listserv.php and enter

your email address and click on the button "Display Email Lists."

To unsubscribe, please click inside the appropriate box to uncheck it

and go to the bottom of the screen to submit your request. You will

receive an automatic email message confirming that you have

successfully unsubscribed. Also, please read our listserve disclaimer

at http://www.arb.ca.gov/listserv/disclaim.htm .

The energy challenge facing California is real. Every Californian

needs to take immediate action to reduce energy consumption. For

a list of simple ways you can reduce demand and cut your energy

costs, see our website at www.arb.ca.gov.

======================================================================

sbm1

UNBELIEVEABLE!

This just shows how out of touch our politicians are!

This recession doesn't mean a thing to them; they just keep spending our money, and making regulations like this to force us to spend more, on things like heating.

I'm boiling with them(CARB) over their new diesel requirements. In the trucking industry, we'll have to retrofit every truck in our flleet with particulate filters on the exhaust, retroactive for every year of truck on the road in CA. Not only will that kill longevity, squash fuel economy, but force many small business owners out of business. Each retrofit can cost around 10k per vehicle. I'm looking at spending 50k to conform, and then hope to recover those costs in a economy that is already suffocating me. I'd be better off to close my business.

Some may see good in these kind of regulations, but I ask, if every other state isn't keeping them, much less every other country, don't they think the wind patterns of this planet will just cycle that pollution back around. I mean, the world is a sphere :beercheers: :rant_on:

Why is CA working so hard, at destroying the economy for businesses, for us off-roaders, etc. :ahhhhh:

California will become a welfare state dependant on other staes for money. With all the stupid laws in this state I am suprised there is any industry at all. More and more companies every day are vacating California because of buiness related expenses. Here's to the California politicians. :laughoff:

I know people who refuse to even set foot in California due to the liberal politicians and their crazy laws. Soon, it seems I will have no reason to go to CA either. California can drown in debt for all I care because it is rotting from within. Its sad what the libs have done to the state.