Looking for my heros

cmgray82

Ok so I know this was forever ago, but March 13, 2004 during the clean up weekend I crashed my banshee. Flew right off the top of the front dune by the big bowl. A father and his kid found me unconcious and went to get my family. Then some more people came up, some were medics, maybe firefighters, who were camping for the weekend. I had a dislocated hip and no one knew at the time, but I broke my back and neck. I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to anyone who was there to help put me on the backboard and walk me down the dune to a truck who drove me to the ambulance. Not a fun day but I recovered :)

Ok, this is me after 3 days in the Vegas UMC.

post-6183-1266605329_thumb.jpg

was that near the superbowl?....sounds like a girl i helped out with dislocated hip on a banshee back around then....only i didn't find her unconcious when i arrived first on scene....seem to remember riding the banshee to the top of the hill(ONLY time i ever rode a banshee in my life) to draw attention to her family hoping they would see it and maybe i sent my13y/o son to fetch family at camp. i remember very little about that day, and i've been on at least a couple dozen extractions at the D. i was probly riding a bombardier, but i've owned about every bike made up until 06, so i coulda been on anything. ...that's a long time ago to remember ANYTHING....what color was the banshee? and color of riding gear? the girl i helped seemed as memory serves me to be pretty well set up with bike and gear like she had been riding awhile. i remember a guy a couple years ago that i helped off of the top of comp hill early one morning before ANYONE was up....getting a paramedic....getting don, the camp host with backboard/calling ambulance....even getting the guy's buddie's truck/trailer unstuck from the sandy entrance to comp hill so he could follow him to hospital. left my card with him and asked him to let me know how he was(had broken ribs and internal injuries according to the paramedic/firefighter i retrieved) ....never heard a word.......sorry for the off topic rant here, but sometimes you wonder if it's worth it to help others out there when you don't hear a single word of thanks for a BUNCH of your day's riding time gone down the tubes. oh, hell i ain't gonna stop doing it so whats the point wondering! nice that yer lookin for them now to say thanks....whether it was us or not, good luck!

was that near the superbowl?....sounds like a girl i helped out with dislocated hip on a banshee back around then....only i didn't find her unconcious when i arrived first on scene....seem to remember riding the banshee to the top of the hill(ONLY time i ever rode a banshee in my life) to draw attention to her family hoping they would see it and maybe i sent my13y/o son to fetch family at camp. i remember very little about that day, and i've been on at least a couple dozen extractions at the D. i was probly riding a bombardier, but i've owned about every bike made up until 06, so i coulda been on anything. ...that's a long time ago to remember ANYTHING....what color was the banshee? and color of riding gear? the girl i helped seemed as memory serves me to be pretty well set up with bike and gear like she had been riding awhile. i remember a guy a couple years ago that i helped off of the top of comp hill early one morning before ANYONE was up....getting a paramedic....getting don, the camp host with backboard/calling ambulance....even getting the guy's buddie's truck/trailer unstuck from the sandy entrance to comp hill so he could follow him to hospital. left my card with him and asked him to let me know how he was(had broken ribs and internal injuries according to the paramedic/firefighter i retrieved) ....never heard a word.......sorry for the off topic rant here, but sometimes you wonder if it's worth it to help others out there when you don't hear a single word of thanks for a BUNCH of your day's riding time gone down the tubes. oh, hell i ain't gonna stop doing it so whats the point wondering! nice that yer lookin for them now to say thanks....whether it was us or not, good luck!

As I recall the guy that found me was driving a buggy and him and his son (probably about 8 yrs old) drove down to my families camp. I was wearing gray and black riding gear. Thanks!!

And just to set the record straight.. I DON'T EVER RIDE ALONE and didn't know I was riding alone. My brother was with me and we were right out front where everyone can see, but I guess he went back to camp to check something on the bike and just the way the sun was hitting the dunes, I lost depth perception and flew off to the other side.

Glad to hear someone helped and you recovered. You looked pretty good in the hospital only 3 days after your accident! :D

Thanks! That pic was taken after they pulled all the tubes and wires out of me. I was pretty drugged up on Morphine too :)