HVAC Fan Motor Help

otis

The AC went out at the house last night. I checked the unit itself and could hear the fan motor buzzing, but the fan was not turning. I found some info online that said try manually starting the fan by using a stick to spin the blade. That got the fan blade spinning, but it only ran for about 20-30 mins and then shut the motor down. I assume that the fan motor is bad,,,,?

Where can get a replacement motor in town?

it's a GE 1/4 hp motor...

Any help on this would be great...

The AC went out at the house last night. I checked the unit itself and could hear the fan motor buzzing, but the fan was not turning. I found some info online that said try manually starting the fan by using a stick to spin the blade. That got the fan blade spinning, but it only ran for about 20-30 mins and then shut the motor down. I assume that the fan motor is bad,,,,?

Where can get a replacement motor in town?

it's a GE 1/4 hp motor...

Any help on this would be great...

Condenser fan or blower fan moter?

Most HVAC parts houses only sell to A/C companies or Hotel Engineering departments. You can try Johnstone supply. Just say you want to pay a cash ticket! if that fails, let me know. I can order it though my engineering department and just pay cash.

I was able to replace my blower motor out of a GRAINGER catalog. My issue ended up being a bad relay, only after I replaced the motor. I guess I should've explored a little with the tester before dropping the cash. Either way, I got a modern updated power friendly unit now, and it's quieter, too.. :lol:

Condenser fan or blower fan moter?

Most HVAC parts houses only sell to A/C companies or Hotel Engineering departments. You can try Johnstone supply. Just say you want to pay a cash ticket! if that fails, let me know. I can order it though my engineering department and just pay cash.

Condenser fan. I was going to try and take it apart, but it looks like a sealed unit...

Thanks guys. I'll try both places....

sounds like the condensor fan motor, what you need to do is get the model #, voltage, and HP of the fan. if you cant get a hold of the greek (jason) then get a hold of me, i could get one through my AC school.

just be advised you dont want to go to a bigger HP motor, (bigger is not always better). just get what the manufacture recomends.

(Ragdoll MX) on daves screen name

Edited by sadistic pig

PM Joe Duner. His # might be in his sig too. He should be able to help you out. He's the man when it comes to AC.

:barf:

ahhhhhh much better!!....

I called Joe this afternoon, and with in a couple hours he had all the parts i needed. (condenser motor and cap).

Thanks Joe! and thanks everyone for all the help!! :lol:

:thumb:

ahhhhhh much better!!....

I called Joe this afternoon, and with in a couple hours he had all the parts i needed. (condenser motor and cap).

Thanks Joe! and thanks everyone for all the help!! :lol:

Glad it worked out. Like I said...JOE IS DA MAN! :barf::barf::dayum:

Thanks Pete. Did it go in smooth Chris ?

Almost too easy...

That deer in the head lights look i probably had when you were explaining what to do all made sense once i got home and saw what you were talking about... :bert: