RangerZ Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 (edited) Anybody have any hints for removing a lower ball joint on my 02 Dodge 2500 4x4? I have put a ball joint press on it as tight as it will go and it won't budge. I would take a cutting torch to it, but don't have one. I am not diggin this front end. Use to work on heavy trucks and have never seen anything this stubborn! Thanks in advance. Chris 702-568-1547 Edited July 10, 2010 by RangerZ Quote
FE135 Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 What about one of those cheap mapp gas torches at home depot. Just heat it up some and beat it with a pickle fork and hammer. Quote
dunefreak Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Heat is always helpful. Heat that sucker up good and hot and get that ball joint press cranking with a GOOD 1/2" drive impact. It'll budge. Quote
bp-guy Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Heat and a BFH! (Big Effen Hammer) I just did my wifes lowers on her Expedition. Hammer them out and ball joint press then in. Quote
RangerZ Posted July 10, 2010 Author Posted July 10, 2010 Well I managed to get the old out and now cant get the new one in. It is stuck about 3/4 in and wont budge. In or out. Next time I think I am gonna let a shop do it. What a pain! Quote
CampIdiot Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 I have the large press and Miller cups for that application it sux your not close or I could lend it to you. Quote
CampIdiot Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 By the way it is the upper bj that makes all the problems usually Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.