Doctor Rant

desertskyz

I went to Doctor #1 because my shoulder is killing me. For months now and getting worse, and he told me to go see an Orthopedist. He thinks I have a torn bicep muscle up in my shoulder or something wrong with my rotator cuff. Gives me paper to get an x-ray. :beercheers:

Go to West Valley, tech asks me why I need this, I told him and he said you need an MRI because this is not going to show anything, unless it's broken or something. I say, so why are we doing it. He says, that is just the way the process is. I said, MY SHOULDER IS NOT BROKEN, it's the muscles. :beercheers::beercheers::beercheers:

Go to Doctor #2 Thursday, he is going to say, you need and MRI. No sh*t. So I have already made my appointment for the MRI.

This is such a waste of time and money. Why do they do this. Oh wait, to waste my time and money.

I sure hope I haven't done something bad or something that needs surgery. Not my shoulder. I don't have anyone to help me around here. Who is going to harvest my crops n' shiat.

LOL! the Doctors office just called 5:00 pm the xray is normal.

:ban-split:

I went to Doctor #1 because my shoulder is killing me. For months now and getting worse, and he told me to go see an Orthopedist. He thinks I have a torn bicep muscle up in my shoulder or something wrong with my rotator cuff. Gives me paper to get an x-ray. :beercheers:

Go to West Valley, tech asks me why I need this, I told him and he said you need an MRI because this is not going to show anything, unless it's broken or something. I say, so why are we doing it. He says, that is just the way the process is. I said, MY SHOULDER IS NOT BROKEN, it's the muscles. :beercheers::beercheers::beercheers:

Go to Doctor #2 Thursday, he is going to say, you need and MRI. No sh*t. So I have already made my appointment for the MRI.

This is such a waste of time and money. Why do they do this. Oh wait, to waste my time and money.

I sure hope I haven't done something bad or something that needs surgery. Not my shoulder. I don't have anyone to help me around here. Who is going to harvest my crops n' shiat.

LOL! the Doctors office just called 5:00 pm the xray is normal.

:ban-split:

find another doctor if that one cant uderstand that he/she is in the customer service business then eff em

Write down a list of questions that you want to ask him.

HAve him explain why he is choosing to use certian procedures and not others..

That is the only way not to leave like they just threw you out, make them explain what they think is wrong to make you feel better about it and get your co pays worth...

OK just from my experience and I have plenty, sometimes it is not the doctor, but the insurance companies. The insurance companies for doctors to follow a certain process and the doctor really has no choice or will hear backlash from the ins company.

Stupid lame retarded, I agree, but this is the way my doctor explained it to me.

I have a feeling he is going to want to just give me a cortisone shot, pat me on azz and send me on my way. To me a cortisone shot is like putting a band-aide on a broken arm.

I want an MRI first and see what is going on in there FIRST. Then he can give me the shot, if necessary.

I had the same thinh happen also my shoulder when i finally when to ortho my shoulder didnt hurt that day so the doctor said he dosent want to do anything and if and when it hurts again come back and he will look at it of course next day pain i have been dealing with this for over 1 year and alot of pain pills that is most doctors fix. :ban-split:

They don't do MRI's unless all other avenues are out of the way... why MRI's are VERY expensive and MOST insurances wont pay for them UNLESS they out you thru the wringer first... I think they do that so you say O.. F IT and never get the MRI LOL

Yep MRI is what it is. Hurts like hell right now. He thinks a torn bicep and something in the rotor-cuff. Maybe surgery, maybe therapy, maybe etc. So I wait. He say's just go easy. Yeah right. Then you come over a mow the lawn, edge, get 80 lbs of dog food, 40 pounds of salt. You come over and do all the man stuff, so all I have to do the the girl stuff.

I forgot to mention, be is freaking hot! so that helps.

Yep MRI is what it is. Hurts like hell right now. He thinks a torn bicep and something in the rotor-cuff. Maybe surgery, maybe therapy, maybe etc. So I wait. He say's just go easy. Yeah right. Then you come over a mow the lawn, edge, get 80 lbs of dog food, 40 pounds of salt. You come over and do all the man stuff, so all I have to do the the girl stuff.

I forgot to mention, be is freaking hot! so that helps.

Most importantly don't wait. Shoulder injuries can lead to frozen shoulder. Believe me you don't want that. I've hurt worse but not by much and never as long. If you lose motion (can't put your hand behind your back or over your head) it's very hard getting getting the motion back and it's gonna hurt like hell till you do.

Desert Ortho has x-ray on site at least the one I go to. Also home to Dr. Bigler....a great Ortho. They also do out patient surgery at their center on east Sahara. You don't want to go to UMC:( If you are going to Manning don't walk away......run.

If needed Matt Smith for PT if preferably at the office David Gaft is working at. Make them get you a Kenkics CM machine at home if you can't get the motion back.

Good Luck

Eli.

I have good motion and strength, I can still life weights, bicep curls. It's way inside sort of. It's where your armpit crease ends only over about 1 -2 inches. I get my MRI next week. and see him again week after. He's going to San Diego with his kids for a week. Poor thing.

He gave me a Steroid shot close to the joint. Hurts like hell still. I guess all I can do is lift cocktails with my right hand then. :ban-split:

I have good motion and strength, I can still life weights, bicep curls. It's way inside sort of. It's where your armpit crease ends only over about 1 -2 inches. I get my MRI next week. and see him again week after. He's going to San Diego with his kids for a week. Poor thing.

He gave me a Steroid shot close to the joint. Hurts like hell still. I guess all I can do is lift cocktails with my right hand then. :ban-split:

Most importantly don't wait. Shoulder injuries can lead to frozen shoulder. Believe me you don't want that. I've hurt worse but not by much and never as long. If you lose motion (can't put your hand behind your back or over your head) it's very hard getting getting the motion back and it's gonna hurt like hell till you do.

Desert Ortho has x-ray on site at least the one I go to. Also home to Dr. Bigler....a great Ortho. They also do out patient surgery at their center on east Sahara. You don't want to go to UMC:( If you are going to Manning don't walk away......run.

If needed Matt Smith for PT if preferably at the office David Gaft is working at. Make them get you a Kenkics CM machine at home if you can't get the motion back.

Good Luck

Eli.

100% on Dr Bigler! He has done both of my knees and is great with scope work. Dr Sutherland is the man though when it comes to any surgery on the shoulder that can't be done by scope. I went to Matt Smith for PT but prefer Morgan Crum @ Altheticare therapy on Eastern at Wigwam. he is the bst in town hands down.

I have a laundry list of doctors (not orthos, though - that's probably the only doctor I haven't seen - knock on wood). I am also the queen of second opinions, sometimes 3rd opinions. A lot of times doctors will do x-rays, then ulrasounds, then MRI's. At least that's what I've experienced. It's usuall ruled by the insurance companies.

Good luck and I hope the pain goes away soon!!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

have a small button or pin hole tear in the supraspinatus tendon in the rotor cuff and a downsloping spur that is impingment upon the tendon, and a couple of other things.

The want me to do 2 weeks of phycial therapy to fix it. If that dosn't work I get surgery. Great. :(

I'm falling apart :dunno:

Edited by desertskyz

• 1 month later...

:cripple: the results:

two tears in my labrum. :dayum: lots of scare tissue everywhere especially under my collar bone and general shoulder area.

rotor cuff tear: He poked more holes in it to create bleeding which will help it self heal.

physical therapy. what fun :wacko:

it is amazing what you can do with only one arm, but you have to be creative. I'll get better

so that's it in a nut shell.