Why it's good to be my dogs

Doghouse

dig 1 hole 6' round x 2' deep

dig another hole 5' round x 3' deep

connect them with a 20' long trench

fill the deeper one with 3 tons of leach rock

buy 3 blocks for $4 to protect the plumbing trap

install the flush shower drain in the galvanized animal trough that's 5' round x 1' deep

put on the trap and connect it to the drain pipe and put it in the trench

buy a 2" brass gate valve and glue it to the end of the 2" drain pipe

put another 1 1/2 tons of leach rock under the pool and around the pool and make sure it's slightly off level while doing it

buy 5 buckets of red rock to go between the slate rock

haul in the slate rock and bury it around the pool

rake the surrounding rock back into place

grab the hose and turn it on full blast for 15 minutes or so

Call the dogs

you're done

drain and fill twice a day or as often as your dogs decide now that they're soaking wet, it's a great time to go play in the dirt and then come back and jump in the pool!

post-3265-1281046346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doghouse

Are those english bull dogs?? Someday I will have one of those cause they have the funniest personality. Good looking dogs for sure and looks like they have a cool place to play.

yep on the English Bulldogs. The fawn & white one is Wrinkles (girl) 2 yrs old, and the brindle one is Bear (boy) 9 months old.

Buy yours from a breeder or have your hands on the new dogs papers before you pay.

• 7 months later...

I just finished my dogs new toy - a swing set.

My dogs like to jump and chew on the swings at the park and I thought it might be cheaper for me if they chewed on their own swings rather than pay the city for torn up swings!

See it here

what do you think it is about the swings that makes them go crazy like that?

I don't know, but I remember when Wrinkles first bumped into a swing at the park, she liked it and from there graduated into biting it and banging it around with her jaw.

Bear on the other hand, saw Wrinkles playing with the swing at the park one day and decided it looked fun too, apparently, and he went after a swing like a shark to a fresh kill.

Maybe it's the clanking of the chains.

All I know for sure is, I have to hang it up on the top bar to prevent them literally from playing it to death.

They look like their having a blast. It's great that you treat your dogs like they were your kids, we do the same. One thought and maybe I am over thinking it which happens is maybe putting some kind of restraint up on the chain so it can't get so wound up that if they for some reason were playing unsupervised that the chain couldn't get to wound up as to be a hazard of them getting caught up in it and choking . Like I said I am probably over thinking it but just thought I would throw it out there. Have a good summer !