What has this world come to?

JoeDuner

This is very easy way to voice your opinion to our governor regarding what our kids are taught in school. You don’t even talk to anyone. It’s just a recording that you respond to by pushing the number of your choice.

The situation is this: Bill SB 1437, was passed and sent to the governor. It requires all textbooks to be rewritten and reissued at a cost that our school system, not to mention taxpayers, can little afford. They will indoctrinate schoolchildren with a homosexual agenda. The bill requires that all new textbooks (K-12) highlight homosexuals and eliminate all references to "mom" and "dad." Instead, they could be referred to as "sperm donors" and "sperm receivers." This bill is ridiculous, it is expensive and it singles out a small, special interest group. We do not need elementary school children exposed to this nonsense. Can you imagine:

School proms (Prom "kings" and "queens" could not be gender-specific)

Gender-specific sports ("Boys Basketball" would be "discriminatory" against transsexuals)

Cheerleading (Can you say "transsexual cheerleaders"?)

The governor is doing a phone poll. Urge him to veto this bill. It's very easy, you don't even have to talk to anyone. Just follow the instructions below:

Please call the governor's office at 1-916-445-2841. The phone recording will ask:

A. Do you want this message in English?" yes, press 1

B. Is this in regards to a legislation bill? yes, press 2

C. Is the bill SB 1437? yes, press 1

D. Are you in favor of this legislation? no, press 2

It takes less than 30 seconds to make the call -- and to express your opinion. Please feel free to pass this message along to your California friends

Call made.....we have had SOOOOOO many problems with the school district here it's not even funny. Most don't notice the issues with the district until they become the victim!!! The horror stories about our kids being left behing are true......and then there's this political correctness BS that's really going to screw with their heads!! :laughoff:

While I do appreciate an effort for equality (whether it be race/religion/sexual orientation) this may make things more complicated. If only the school district could leave some lessons up to the parents to teach.

I agree, Clark County stupid District is a giant waste of our taxes.

So if I'm the sperm giver and my wife is the sperm receiver, does that make all 3 of my kids Drip #1, Drip #2 and Drip #3??? Give me a friggn' break. Save the money on the crap like this and put it towards more pressing issues. Isn't CA in enough debt already? And another thing, I hate having to press #1 for ENGLISH!!! I could go on and on but I don't want to offend anyone

PS

I made the call

Edited by ash

So if I'm the sperm giver and my wife is the sperm receiver, does that make all 3 of my kids Drip #1, Drip #2 and Drip #3??? Give me a friggn' break. Save the money on the crap like this and put it towards more pressing issues. Isn't CA in enough debt already? And another thing, I hate having to press #1 for ENGLISH!!! I could go on and on but I don't want to offend anyone

PS

I made the call

Good point....but they will pass that right on to the taxpayers!! Gobmint at it's best!! :rockon: