well, i finally started ...lol

SKINNER

mounted and wired in the battery, and starter solenoid tonight. Set the motor in the frame, hit the solenoid and it rolls, so i am chippin away at it. tomorrow, cdi, regulator, and coil, and then start in on the exhaust. Wednesday the goodies from DRATV arrive and its time to fire this thing up!

post-5063-029493600 1295336708_thumb.jpg

yup, what pete said lol......however the plug from the indicator wires fits and has the wires in the right positions, so i cut it off the indicator harness and i am going to use it as a "pigtail" to wire in the cdi to the motor wires. I DONT KNOW IF IT WORKS YET THOUGH, SINCE I HAVENT ACTUALLY STARTED THE MOTOR! LOL so its not a guaranteed idea yet! I will let you know soon though. I just got finished mounting the coil behind the motor where the battery and start solenoid are, and now i am about to mount up the reg. and the cdi to the backbone under the tank. then its time to start soldering and heat shrinking the engine wires to the controls. :70:

well its alive-ish..lol, sounds like a tractor with a wide open pipe , but it did start!, tomorrow i will actually wire in the hand controls, right now they are just wire nutted together so i could test the rest of the stuff. i was actually surprised at how quikly it fired, it hit right away. the nice *sigh* at the end is me looking at my laptop that fell to the floor while the bike was running, needless to say, i need a 70 break for the evening, time for some tosh.o

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLKA0LPaJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLKA0LPaJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLKA0LPaJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by SKINNER

haha, your right, once it fires you get a second wind and get excited all over again!

came home tonight and decided to make up a "header" for it, now that the exhaust is going under i will build a baffle for it so it stops sounding like a tractor. lol

post-5063-036851400 1295487329_thumb.jpg

post-5063-027990700 1295487347_thumb.jpg

post-5063-059016000 1295487499_thumb.jpg