My trike build

andydew

LOL

Pete thought I was crazy when I told him to use the acid....

The only other experience I had with it was when I diluted it to like 50:1 to clean my brick fireplace, and even then it was nasty strong, so when Pete says "just toss it in there without diluting" I was thinking we weren't talking about the same stuff. That chit was bubbling real good at first too!

YIAH! choke that sucker. Sounds lean. haha

Yah, just a squirt, no fuel hooked up yet. I couldn't resist, or wait any longer :headbang1:

what did you make the pull knob out of? I have one that is a bear to kick because of the clearance issues?

5/8" round stock, a welder, a torch, to shape it, and a chrome shift knob from my local vato zone

LOL

Pete thought I was crazy when I told him to use the acid....

The only other experience I had with it was when I diluted it to like 50:1 to clean my brick fireplace, and even then it was nasty strong, so when Pete says "just toss it in there without diluting" I was thinking we weren't talking about the same stuff. That chit was bubbling real good at first too!

my only mistake there was some spilled on my wood work bench, and when I left my tools on my bench in the days following, it apparently had soaked into the wood, and they got destroyed. The chrome is ruined; looks like I found them at the bottom of the ocean :pissed:

OK, so I have her basically finished:

Frame straightened,

exhaust fabbed,

"kick" starter fabbed,

disc brakes fabbed,

disassembled,

sanded,

primed,

painted,

re-assmebled,

brakes bled and working,

Front neck ball bearing all over the floor, found, cleaned, and regreased...those are a pain in the butt by the way...couldn't they have designed those with a cage :shake: .

I had a few short days at work this week, and a whole saturday of tinkering, and except for the new lack of spark, I think I'm done. Probably just a ground issue, I'm gonna look at that tomorrow, and hopefully get the lifan broke in this next week in time for the fun! I'm thinkin after the festivities, I'll order a new seat cover, some new bars and risers, and any other cosmetic stuff I'm lackin. I am SOOOOO excited to fire this beast up and completely finish destroying all remnants of my back yard grass :headbang1:

here are a few pics off my phone :woo_hoo:

post-6067-0-84476500-1327809491_thumb.jp

Had some "Shaw blue" imron sitting around from a few rigs I painted...I figured my trike could be black and blue...like my life right now :laughing:

post-6067-0-19895900-1327809495_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-31495000-1327809503_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-92655400-1327809483_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-35926800-1327809500_thumb.jp

post-6067-0-73005200-1327809488_thumb.jp

I had so much fun building this, I can't wait to get two more: pink fenders, pink paint, here I come :dumbass: :dope::ban-split: