Here's what i duned in last weekend

randyvw

I had an idea a while back about a thread for "unusual" vehicles in the dunes. I had planned on getting to the top of comp hill with the van looking down on comp hill parking lot and getting a picture with the dumontduneriders sticker on the window looking down to parking lot(proof i got it to the top from the backside). I missed by about 300 yards, but you get the idea. I am hoping i start something here and peeps will post a pict. of unusual vehicles that made it to the top of comp hill. No photoshopping allowed. And no towing to the top with yer 500 h/p jeep either.

post-2669-037789600 1300048826_thumb.jpg

post-2669-013608900 1300050312_thumb.jpg

post-2669-010231200 1300051450_thumb.jpg

Edited by randyvw

Sounds good. Takes some good driving skills to get up there. Not Bad. What PSI were you running to trek around. The Sand this weekend was Silky Smooth. Sometimes no traction. :beercheers:

the 2 wheel drive 05 oddity came with 215/65/16 tires and i replaced them with 235/16's....so i did cheat a little.....just aired down til i saw the bulge at bottom of tire...not TOO squishy though....biggest problem i had was every time i shut off engine, when i restarted i kept forgetting to turn off traction control. with it on it would barely move(the wheel that spins gets brakes applied so the other wheel has power to it)...with it OFF the ABS or something would still d*ck with it, but at least it moved MUCH better.....somewhere i have pictures of my 1968 vw fastback(box stock, except for big motor) stuck next to my 63 baja bug in the middle of the coos bay dunes where i grew up. the picture dates to about 1982....someday i gotta dig that up and post here. thanks for the complement!

• 1 month later...