Weeekend of March 26/27th

ynot

very cool woody headbang1.gif

Yeah looking at this weekend's forecast VS. next weekend's forecast is putting some doubt in my head. At $4.00 a gallon I would at least like to try to get a breeze instead of a Wind. Think I will wait thill the first for my trip. Hate to let weather forecasts prevent a trip but these days costs come first and right now I'M cherry pickin!

My husband and I were planning a trip to Dumont this weekend but one of the last posts about the weather has us wondering? We thought it would be nice. Hope there is not too much wind. Just wondering if anyone from DDR is out there if we could meet up for a ride? Most of our dune friends are done for the season due to cost of gas, work, family obligations, etc. So it will just be us, another couple and son and his wife. The dynamics of our group have changed over the years (you know how it goes....divorces, personality conflicts, jobs, etc.) so it would be nice to meet up with people who are passionate about the dunes too.

My husband and I were planning a trip to Dumont this weekend but one of the last posts about the weather has us wondering? We thought it would be nice. Hope there is not too much wind. Just wondering if anyone from DDR is out there if we could meet up for a ride? Most of our dune friends are done for the season due to cost of gas, work, family obligations, etc. So it will just be us, another couple and son and his wife. The dynamics of our group have changed over the years (you know how it goes....divorces, personality conflicts, jobs, etc.) so it would be nice to meet up with people who are passionate about the dunes too.

I usually don't let weather reports stop me from going to the dunes but all my camping buddies are in the same situation as yours are. So we are looking forward to the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd. The weather looks better and I will get some break in time on the RZR on Saturday as we are going to go check out the old spanish trail that's on the way up Potosi to the left at the single building trailhead. Just a cruise to break it in and see some country I have not ever been to. If anybody else wants to tag along, i can't tell you if it's worth it or not but you are welcome to find out with us. Let me know if you want to go and I will post times. As far as camp mates, yes they do change over the years and you just have to open up to the idea that new ones come in. So your welcome to check out our camp anytime we go. We are always camped near #9.

I am just kinda dissapointed right now that you started this thread that went 30 posts long! I see nothing wrong with the weather. I was actually getting kinda excited about going and hanging out with you! So if I change my plans to and follow you out to the OLD SPANISH TRAIL so we can hang out again are you going to change your mind at the last minute? :laughing: You Suck ...lol

I am so sorry if I have offended you Jim. I didn't know it could be done! I would like to go this weekend also but also know that if the wind blows all weekend how much I am gonna have to hear about it from the wife. So as much as I would love to sit around the fire at night with you and drink beer and go for good rides, i have to live with her, cause sometimes half is just to much:) If you haven't unloaded then don't bother to and we will go next weekend come hell or highwater. i think Woods is available maybe he wants to join us? As for the Spanish trail ride,I am calling BLM Vegas to check on it being legal to ride there. If not then maybe Boulder City down to the river but either way the RZR is going out Sat. :beerpint:

I am so sorry if I have offended you Jim. I didn't know it could be done! I would like to go this weekend also but also know that if the wind blows all weekend how much I am gonna have to hear about it from the wife. So as much as I would love to sit around the fire at night with you and drink beer and go for good rides, i have to live with her, cause sometimes half is just to much:) If you haven't unloaded then don't bother to and we will go next weekend come hell or highwater. i think Woods is available maybe he wants to join us? As for the Spanish trail ride,I am calling BLM Vegas to check on it being legal to ride there. If not then maybe Boulder City down to the river but either way the RZR is going out Sat. :beerpint:

I am not offended...You just messed up my plans thats all and had to give you sh*t about it! lol :beerpint: I think the NHRA is in town the following weekend...not sure what to do :think:

sorry dude, I was really wanting to go but not sit in the cach for crap weather. For the NHRA you gotta think do I want to watch somebody else do it or do it myself:) Found out from BLM that cotton creek canyon road is a little iffy legally, so I think we may just go to logandale via the lake road to avoid the mint 400 traffic and play there. I haven't been out there since it was just started as an OHV area so I am going to take the rhino and the RZR, anybody else want to go riding Sat AM ?

sorry dude, I was really wanting to go but not sit in the cach for crap weather. For the NHRA you gotta think do I want to watch somebody else do it or do it myself:) Found out from BLM that cotton creek canyon road is a little iffy legally, so I think we may just go to logandale via the lake road to avoid the mint 400 traffic and play there. I haven't been out there since it was just started as an OHV area so I am going to take the rhino and the RZR, anybody else want to go riding Sat AM ?

Hey Terry I would be in to go to Logandale for the day. Haven't been there for a couple of years. Let me know your time plans!!!!

How about leave my house about 8:30 AM going the Lake Mead road should put us there by 10 or so. Get in some riding, some lunch and some BS time. sound good?

This is Saturday right? Sounds real good to me. Let it rain or blow, I don't care!!!