Come on already!

bigdan

1. I only have an S4, so 5th gear will be a very big problem.

2. I am a big wuss, so I will probably fall way behind.

3. I rarely get out of 3rd gear.

4. I have only been going to Dumont since 1976 so I'm kinda new. :laughing:

5. I like to drive around the sand dunes like I'm a tourist. I wave too everyone I pass, I stop for souvenirs and the big one, when

I stop for fuel I always ask for directions. :headbang1:

Dan, I only have an S4 and although it's a struggle :) I can at least see Pete's tailights sometimes. Don't worry about being a wuss, we only travel as fast as the slowest guy in the line, or until we loose you whichever comes first :laughing: .

I have you beat as I started at Dumont in October 1975 and although I kow them like the back of my hand they have a habit of changing so nobody with any smarts goes on a crazy fast run without spending some time scouting out the dunes first. We have never had a medical evac as far as I know from any of our runs, a few tow jobs but better machine sthan people.

We stay away from souvenirs as they cost to much money that is dedicated to race fuel!!!!!!!! looking forward to meeting you and going for a run with you. Holy moly please let dune season get here fast i need to smell some race fuel in the morning :woopitydoo:

Edited by ynot

1. I only have an S4, so 5th gear will be a very big problem.

2. I am a big wuss, so I will probably fall way behind.

3. I rarely get out of 3rd gear.

4. I have only been going to Dumont since 1976 so I'm kinda new. :laughing:

5. I like to drive around the sand dunes like I'm a tourist. I wave too everyone I pass, I stop for souvenirs and the big one, when

I stop for fuel I always ask for directions. :headbang1:

Perhaps we need to dune, except I have a 5th gear, (shiny bearly used) and I don't ask for directions cause when the sand stops, I turn. Oh, I do stop on occasion to take pictures.

Edited by FE135

I have been breathing since mid February 1975. I am working on the Dumont experience and hoping to keep the medivac away from me.

1) always got the boxer breifs on for comfort and support, I can look at having some depends on hand though

2) I will have to test out 5th and make sure it's working right.

3) I have a nice cooler ready to hold some ice and beer

4) Always keep the Gopro on so i will be able to keep track of things.

It's always good to have bullet points and a plan. :woopitydoo:

How is it with a Quad following rails? BTW, i don't know what those rails are, but i know there are some SUPER bad a$ ones out there.

One of the last runs i went on the guys in the group go ehh we arent gonna be able to keep up with the buggies.. The cars took off and went on their run. About half way thru ours we cought up with them and hung with them to the north pole. It is very doable on a quad. Just trust your leader lol.

And i ride a DS650 Sand Pig!!

One of the last runs i went on the guys in the group go ehh we arent gonna be able to keep up with the buggies.. The cars took off and went on their run. About half way thru ours we cought up with them and hung with them to the north pole. It is very doable on a quad. Just trust your leader lol.

And i ride a DS650 Sand Pig!!

During the 2nd 70 regatta, we all went on a massive ride. Buggies, then quads with farm equipment bringing up the rear. It was the first time I followed the DDR 2-seater crew and I was first quad behind them. I did all I could to stay with them. I never even looked back because I was so busy dodging roosts. At the end of the run, only one other quad was left standing. Best effin ride ever! I hadn't pushed myself on a bike that hard in a long time.

Dammit, I'm twitching again. crackhead.gif

Im gettin the itch too. This is next on my list for dumont :D Its perfect for filming ariel footage out there. DOnt have to worry about sand in the motor or nuttin :D And as shown a gopro fits perfect on the nose heh. :D

Im gettin the itch too. This is next on my list for dumont :D Its perfect for filming ariel footage out there. DOnt have to worry about sand in the motor or nuttin :D And as shown a gopro fits perfect on the nose heh. :D

That thing is cool. The second video pointing down was hard to see when turning, and the circles made me dizzy. lol

I have a Gas powered RC car. I took it will me the first time i went but didn't use it. I probly won't take it on any day trips again, but good fun for longer trips. It hauls a$$.

Edited by Rap_Rider

Big dan. Wings are fun for sure. Randog here has one he flies in Dumont from time to time. I usually have something with me. Last time was my edf jet. I just liked how stable that uav was for filming and thought it would make some sweet video out in the dunes

Big dan. Wings are fun for sure. Randog here has one he flies in Dumont from time to time. I usually have something with me. Last time was my edf jet. I just liked how stable that uav was for filming and thought it would make some sweet video out in the dunes

I agree, I really like that plane but I saw a guy on the internet that built a four prop helicopter that worked on one remote and hovered real smooth. He mounted the gopro and it seemed he had some great panning and arial shots. He could just hover right above the areas where he was and then cut it into his edit. Here is one but a little pricey. It comes with a gopro mount.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/xaircraft-x450-pro-four-rotor-aircraft-super-combo.html

http://shop.xaircraftusa.com/Xaircraft-Kits_c2.htm

Edited by bigdan