Come on already!

bigdan

I'm definitely a fan of cooler weather, but this summer hasn't been that bad overall. Plus on another positive note, there aren't many days left of triple digits. Maybe only a week or so!ban-split.gif

http://www.weather.c...y/89002?month=1

I have faced the fact that summer and triple digits come every year no matter what. I try to not concentrate on it so much and learn to adapt instead. Summer is flying by for me!

We'll be sitting around the fire at Dumont in no time freezing our a$es off. drinkbeer.gif

I think it is because I don't stop going to the dunes during the summer that makes it seem soooo long. I am not willing to take three or four months a year off from the dunes. I won't go to Dumont during the Devilbug months, but I go to Amargosa at least once a month through the summer.

TJ at Valley Performance just added valving and reservoirs to the coil overs on the Mosebilt, and put his personal guarantee that it will haul balls through the whoops compared to how it was, which was ok but not great. It would be nice to have some mild temps for the testing. As soon as that is done the LS1 motor is getting stroked by Cody over at Wicked HP. Looking for 600 hp naturally aspirated. Should be fun.

post-4491-0-85464200-1314650855_thumb.jp

post-4491-0-61456600-1314650865_thumb.jp

post-4491-0-18765000-1314650873_thumb.jp

post-4491-0-59815900-1314650881_thumb.jp

post-4491-0-53921700-1314650894_thumb.jp

post-4491-0-93306400-1314650902_thumb.jp

:cocktail:

I hate the heat here for sure. Got a bit of a fix in Oregon again this year with two rides during my week there. The dunes, temps and views were great but i miss not being able to go more now.

I have only been to Dumont twice now, and never with someone who knows it. I am hoping for at least one trip a month starting maybe late next month. Need some riding buddies though, and not on busy weekends. I like my space.

I think it is because I don't stop going to the dunes during the summer that makes it seem soooo long. I am not willing to take three or four months a year off from the dunes. I won't go to Dumont during the Devilbug months, but I go to Amargosa at least once a month through the summer.

TJ at Valley Performance just added valving and reservoirs to the coil overs on the Mosebilt, and put his personal guarantee that it will haul balls through the whoops compared to how it was, which was ok but not great. It would be nice to have some mild temps for the testing. As soon as that is done the LS1 motor is getting stroked by Cody over at Wicked HP. Looking for 600 hp naturally aspirated. Should be fun.

I doubt that your ever "gonna haul balls" in a mid engine car. The weight ratio's just make it difficult to get them on top of the whoops and keep them there without the rear end washing out. I am not sure there is a cure for it but there's nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it. Personally I will give up running fast over the whoops in order to get the dune carving a mid engine 2 seater gives you but that's just my 2 cents worth.

I doubt that your ever "gonna haul balls" in a mid engine car. The weight ratio's just make it difficult to get them on top of the whoops and keep them there without the rear end washing out. I am not sure there is a cure for it but there's nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it. Personally I will give up running fast over the whoops in order to get the dune carving a mid engine 2 seater gives you but that's just my 2 cents worth.

That two cents might be worth three. That is exactly what we have been fighting, it is no where near as good in the whoops as my SU sand pro 2 but it is a rear engine four seater. I can go flat out through the nasty stuff in my SU, this is what I want from the Mosebilt, TJ at Valley says he can make it happen and he has already made a huge difference, the adding of the valving to the coil overs is just so we can get more fine tuning in the bypasses. The rears are 3" three tube and the fronts are 2.5 two tubes, we will soon find out. :beercheers:

I hate the heat here for sure. Got a bit of a fix in Oregon again this year with two rides during my week there. The dunes, temps and views were great but i miss not being able to go more now.

I have only been to Dumont twice now, and never with someone who knows it. I am hoping for at least one trip a month starting maybe late next month. Need some riding buddies though, and not on busy weekends. I like my space.

My crew goes out to Dumont twice a month during the season, you can go with us, we are a sandrail crew. one tatum, one SU and a Mosebilt.

We mostly just do day trips unless we go to Glamis, then we go for 3-4 days, at least.

Nice looking car, Dan! Mid engine, 2 seat, lots of HP...that's just like our crew. We should hook up this next season and dune together at some point.

I'll show ya around. I'm always looking for people who love to go go go and ride hard. I know the dunes very well out there and it would be my pleasure to show you around. I don't like the holiday weekend either so hit me up when the duning months begin. beercheers.gif

Nice looking car, Dan! Mid engine, 2 seat, lots of HP...that's just like our crew. We should hook up this next season and dune together at some point.

I'll show ya around. I'm always looking for people who love to go go go and ride hard. I know the dunes very well out there and it would be my pleasure to show you around. I don't like the holiday weekend either so hit me up when the duning months begin. beercheers.gif

Yeah that's true about Pete unless you camp out near #9 then he seems to forget about you and go on nice fast rides without you. But hey I know there's a couple of "pebbles" you have to get by to come over and get me so i understand!:beercheers:

Yeah that's true about Pete unless you camp out near #9 then he seems to forget about you and go on nice fast rides without you. But hey I know there's a couple of "pebbles" you have to get by to come over and get me so i understand!:beercheers:

What are talking about? I come out to get you more times than I even want to. LOL

If you would just camp with the group that you want to dune with we wouldn't have any issues with coordinating rides!

What are talking about? I come out to get you more times than I even want to. LOL

If you would just camp with the group that you want to dune with we wouldn't have any issues with coordinating rides!

Yeah YNOT, take that one!! !:laughing:

Yeah YNOT, take that one!! !:laughing:

How come I am always on the sh*t list? I don't camp with the guys I dune with cause they camp in the dustbowl and I like a little more quiet time out in the boonies. Also how do I tell my friends that I have been camping with for 10+ years that I am out and going back to the dust/noise bowl? I can't do that loyality is a big thing to me. Having said that Pete you have come out to get me and i do appreciate it. that but that doesn't mean I can't give you a little pre-season crap right? :beercheers:

BTW I can't friggen wait to get on the dunes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See now you are making my hate for the heat and I am wanting nice weather even more. You give a nice invite for some dune runs and I have to wait for this summer to be over. :laughing: The Mosebilt is my brothers buggy I have been trying to get dialed in, we have had major problems with CBM engine from the first day it hit the sand. So as soon as the suspension is dialed the CBM LS1 is going to be rebuilt so it finally runs. I will be in my Suspensions Unlimited.

post-4491-0-32456500-1314675346_thumb.jp

It's about time I start planning my Dumont trip for this season. Need to make at least one good trip this year, maybe 2. I'll have to put in my reservations with Sincityblondie. :laughing:

You and Tami are always welcome Sean.

Im planning on ALOT more dune time than the last few years. More off weekends and lots of ride time! CANT WAIT!

Nice car, Mid engine 2 seater is the only way to go IMHO! :thumb:

I do like to go, and ride pretty hard. I have a soft spot for jumping to. Not sure if you seen any of my youtube vidz, but i like to test a spot and build up. Love climbing the dunes, and i ride 3rd, 4th gear on the Raptor here and there. What are you riding?

Can't wait to get out there, I need to test the Skat~Traks.

My crew goes out to Dumont twice a month during the season, you can go with us, we are a sandrail crew. one tatum, one SU and a Mosebilt.

We mostly just do day trips unless we go to Glamis, then we go for 3-4 days, at least.

How is it with a Quad following rails? BTW, i don't know what those rails are, but i know there are some SUPER bad a$$ ones out there.

I do like to go, and ride pretty hard. I have a soft spot for jumping to. Not sure if you seen any of my youtube vidz, but i like to test a spot and build up. Love climbing the dunes, and i ride 3rd, 4th gear on the Raptor here and there. What are you riding?

Can't wait to get out there, I need to test the Skat~Traks.

How is it with a Quad following rails? BTW, i don't know what those rails are, but i know there are some SUPER bad a$ ones out there.

I ride a Raptor 660 that has about 500,000 hours on it. laughing.gif

You and Tami are always welcome Sean.

Im planning on ALOT more dune time than the last few years. More off weekends and lots of ride time! CANT WAIT!

Let us know if you have any weekends planned. We always have a good time with you guys.

Things to remember when following freak around the dunes:

1. Remember to wear your big-girl panties.

2. Be very familiar with 5th gear.

3. Have cold beer waiting back at camp, you will have an inexplicable need to hand him one in gratitude.

4. Take notes, the dude kinda knows Dumont.

Things to remember when following freak around the dunes:

1. Remember to wear your big-girl panties.

2. Be very familiar with 5th gear.

3. Have cold beer waiting back at camp, you will have an inexplicable need to hand him one in gratitude.

4. Take notes, the dude kinda knows Dumont.

hahaaaa!

LET'S DUNE! headbang1.gif YIAH

hahaaaa!

LET'S DUNE! headbang1.gif YIAH

1. I only have an S4, so 5th gear will be a very big problem.

2. I am a big wuss, so I will probably fall way behind.

3. I rarely get out of 3rd gear.

4. I have only been going to Dumont since 1976 so I'm kinda new. :laughing:

5. I like to drive around the sand dunes like I'm a tourist. I wave too everyone I pass, I stop for souvenirs and the big one, when

I stop for fuel I always ask for directions. :headbang1:

1. I only have an S4, so 5th gear will be a very big problem.

2. I am a big wuss, so I will probably fall way behind.

3. I rarely get out of 3rd gear.

4. I have only been going to Dumont since 1976 so I'm kinda new. :laughing:

5. I like to drive around the sand dunes like I'm a tourist. I wave too everyone I pass, I stop for souvenirs and the big one, when

I stop for fuel I always ask for directions. :headbang1:

laughing.gif sorry. Meant for the other guy.

1. I only have a quad. I would need a 7th gear to be as fast as your rail.

2. I've only been breathing since about the late 70's. dope.gif

Can we all just get out there already?!?!?!? Where's the season opener thread???????