Has anyone tried super swampers in the sand yet?

nightime

They work good in the mud down to 5 lbs...Has anyone tested them in sand yet...just 35's on my Willys. 220hp Chevy v6 with powerlocks.

Just about any tire can be somewhat effective with the air pressure low enough. Only problem with low air pressure is rolling the tire off the rim when turning. Paddles are reallly the only way to go to access the dunes effectively.

Just about any tire can be somewhat effective with the air pressure low enough. Only problem with low air pressure is rolling the tire off the rim when turning. Paddles are reallly the only way to go to access the dunes effectively.

Back in the day we used to run Armstrong armor all's and you could run them down to 3 lbs on a CJ5 and dune the hell out of them. Then fill em up and cap the headers and put the windshield back on and drive back to Vegas. Great tires. You could only get them here in Vegas at a hole in the wall tire shop on North Main. I think it was Ed's tire and wheel.

I'm not saying there the best in the dunes, But on my yota I ran 33x13.5x15 LTB Swampers on 8" wheels, went down to 4lbs and never put my paddles back on again, I know every vehicle is different, and power to weight to floatation is most important. But I never got stuck till I ran paddles.

I had a pair of 38's on a dodge ram with a 9" lift 10 yrs ago or so...It didn't do so hot. It was a long bed crew cab, though; so probably an issue with a lack of weight on the rear tires. Plenty of hp, just a lack of traction made it spin and chatter.

Probably comparing apples to oranges because of the vehicle differences :dunno: . It was my first lifted truck, and I still swear it's the reason my wife fell in love :wub: It would make it up comp @ glamis, but just barely

• 1 year later...