2-Seat Sand Cars Unlimited

Mike330R

2 Seat SCU with Fresh Honda 3.5, new turbo, and a fresh Fortin 5-speed.

Pretty rare car, 2-seat Sand Cars Unlimited Big Bro. It’s one of two 2-seater SCU’s in the states that I know of. This car handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Always ran at 7psi and a 50/50 mix of 91/110.

It CAN’T be run away from in the dunes! ;)

Random ramblings of what the car has:

Rear compartment has a storage box, fuel cell, cooler, and Optima Battery.

King coils and bypass shocks recently rebuilt.

Radio, intercom w/ iPod connection (iPod sits in a sealed box), Lowrance GPS, 2 lights bars (1 for 6” HID’s & 1 for LED bar) with actuator (switch located on wheel for easy use while duning). Only comes with 2 HID lights for the rack and 2 small ones in the nose (LED bar in photo’s is not mine and not included). Has a red LED light in the grill of the hood as well as red interior lighting, rear compartment lighting, & bright LED lights built into the bottom of the billet red mirror. Rear tires are pretty new, fronts in great shape. Allied bead locks.

Has 2 decent scratches from stuff rubbing on it in the trailer, 1 on the rear cage and one on the lower corner of a side panel. The roof could stand to be replaced. The dzus holes were not made right and don’t hold very well on the rear end of the roof. I have run it this way for a long time with no issues.

CV’s are fresh and 2 of them are lifetime guaranteed. Fortin shifter, windshield does not require special cutting so it’s cheap to replace if needed.

Fortin trans was gone through by Fortin and has an oil cooler. Trans now has approx. hours on it since it was at Fortin.

Motor was replaced last year. I was able to verify that it only had 50K miles on it before I bought it (all other motors offered were well over 150K miles). As a point of reference my original motor ran hard for 5 years.

Car weighs 2500 pounds wet, is 94” in the rear and about the same in the front. Front can be ratchet strapped together to get it down to 84-86” to fit in trailers.

Fully green stickered with VIN.

Spares/extra’s included: New turbo, new axle, new fuel pump, a front & rear tire, and a few other items.

I am open to trades plus cash. Trades would need to be no more than $15K’ish in value. I’d prefer a small LT car or a decent SxS. No boats, motorcycles, or muscle cars.

This is not a fire sale and I am in no rush. If it doesn’t sell there will be less tears to bear J

New job does not allow me to use this car the way it should be. $43K OBO. I am open to all offers. Worse thing I can say is no.

New owner will need to bring me a box of tissues upon completion of sale L

IMG_3763.JPG

Edited by Mike330R

• 2 months later...

Are you interested in a bigger car possibly? I have an Extreme Performance Double Throw Down II that is always a real pain for me to pack up in our toy hauler. I've been considering changing to a smaller car to help with the issue.

Joe