some DDR observations from the SSSS

dunefreak

-people slam on their brakes when it gets dusty on the I15 :thumb:

-Steveo thinks he's gonna buy a medium duty, 40ft Sandtek trailer, the "Woody" Monster Manx, a camo SuspensionsUnlimited, +18 SickSandTravel, a way too big WW toyhauler, and god knows what else...BECAUSE HE CAN AFFORD IT! :laughoff::laughoff::thumb::thumb:

-Loopy had the wounded eyeball this weekend :shocked2:

-Zukifreak likes to pulls his a$$ out everywhere

-ISBB and Zukifreak are alot of sh*t to squeeze between a bed and a wall. :rockwoot:

-ISBB and Zukifreak pass out before 10PM on a Saturday :laughoff::rockon::laughing:

-fat guys shouldn't pretend to play the flute :no_no: :laughoff::laughoff:

normal_S2010092.JPG

-some people think they can charge $629 for a WAGON! :rockon:

-less bling is more attractive to me (BLING...I'm over it :thumb: )

-Don29Palms REALLY likes Queen blasting as loud as it can go while cruising his Saturn :laughoff::laughoff: :shocked2: :rockwoot:

-Hotel towels can be used to wash your truck

-fake boobs, flat billers, and DuneBuggy.com hats

-2 spicy Italian sausages and 2 cokes= $24!!!!! NOT WORTH IT! :thumb:

-most repeated phone call phrase of the weekend: "Where you at?" :laughing::thumb:

Jim,Steve and Lupe like to spend 80 bucks a piece on dinner :thumb:

Big a$$ strollers suck :rockon:

Steve and I CAN be winners even if its only at Del Taco on the way home.

That dinner we paid $80 per for was well worth it, best dinner i had in a while

King Crab legs and filet at the CHART HOUSE.

I won throw up in a cup at Del Taco. nothing to be proud of.

-WHERE DA EFF ARE YOU MAN!!! (got old quick) turned into ill see you around 6ish in this area..

-When your best friend starts running towards you MOVE!!!

-Drinking @ 830am can be hazardous to your health

-If i see another dunebuggy.com hat im gonna hurl

other items that occurred;

My feet still hurt! :rockon:

If half of the people that showed interest in Friends of Dumont Dunes sign up it will be a killer membership drive! Hint if your not a member get moving!!

Walter is a pretty good chaffurer got us and back without getting lost or killing us!

Some vendors near FODD booth with lot's of flatbillers and crap music had some real attitude to dish out to their customers!

It was ALL GOOD!!

Thanks to Walter, Pete and Anna for donating their time to us. We appreciate it.

To Sailaway and all the DUNERS gang again thanks for the use of your booth and the party it was fun but my feet still hurt!! :D

I can add.....

-SUV's on Cali freeways rollover really easy. :thumb:

(Saw two rollovers on a 30 min drive on the 405...1 on the way there and 1 on the way back.)

-The lines for everything were crazy long. Especially the beer.

-People bring double wide strollers for their kids now......Must be easier to get through the crowds. :rockon:

Ynot already said it but it must be said again. THANK YOU for the DDR help this weekend.

This was a shared booth with DUNERS but they got their a$$es handed to them by the Dumont guys. Four new FoDD members and three times as much in donations... next time DUNERS promises to do better so watch out.

Some things I observed this year...

1) the help on the DUNERS end are veterans. That’s great for DUNERS but doesn’t help the “new kids” get their feet very wet. My apologies on that and next time it will be different and ALL the new faces will be out in front getting the word out.

2) the 'cute girl' sometimes gets overlooked when the 'grizzled guy' is spewing a fountain of information.

3) the usual ice breaker line "do you go to Glamis or Dumont" got at least a 50-50 response this year (maybe even 40-60) versus the usual 80-20 response... that means Dumont is growing by leaps and bounds. Yikes.

4) Glamis sand gets really dusty but Dumont sand doesn’t change no matter how many hands run through it.

5) Pete, Anna and Walter are tremendous assets in the fight to keep Dumont open.

6) having sand from both areas for people to touch was a fantastic tool to get people informed and the guy rubbing some Dumont sand on his teeth was priceless.

7) I’m not the only one that gets glassy-eyed when feathering my fingers in the sand with dune season so close we can smell it.

Next year the Dumont banner will go up on some kind of pole-and-twine rig so that it can be seen above the crowd and I think a big ol’ Dumont map would be a nice touch. And the FoDD info will be in the program.

Oh, and thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello and introduce themselves... it’s great to put faces to names.

And please, anyone who was there or worked at the booth that may have some thoughts on how to improve the Dumont presence, WE’RE ALL EARS.

Great job to everyone. :rockon:

Vicki

Walter is a pretty good chaffurer got us and back without getting lost or killing us!

Some vendors near FODD booth with lot's of flatbillers and crap music had some real attitude to dish out to their customers!

It was ALL GOOD!!

Thanks to Walter, Pete and Anna for donating their time to us. We appreciate it.

To Sailaway and all the DUNERS gang again thanks for the use of your booth and the party it was fun but my feet still hurt!! :D

Awww Come on Terry... I told ya I wouldnt kill us! :freakin_nuts:

You are welcome Vicki!! and terry....

This being my first SSSS trip.....

Tim was right when he said "There is more plastic/silicone here, than in Vegas...

:laughing: flatbillers suck :laughing:

R.I.S Designs needs to bring more than one cd (and hopefully not stripper music)...

K&K really needs to open something on the west coast....

Telling freaks and flatbillers that Dumont is too small and crowded is key!!

Cali traffic can kiss my balloon knot!