FoDD booth comments & suggestions

dunefreak

I thought we'd start a topic of it's own since there might be some helpful ideas to add for next year and talk about this year's booth at the show. (I didn't want to stray way off topis over in the other thread :D:thumb: )

Next year the Dumont banner will go up on some kind of pole-and-twine rig so that it can be seen above the crowd and I think a big ol’ Dumont map would be a nice touch. And the FoDD info will be in the program.

Oh, and thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello and introduce themselves... it’s great to put faces to names.

And please, anyone who was there or worked at the booth that may have some thoughts on how to improve the Dumont presence, WE’RE ALL EARS.

Great job to everyone. :rockon:

Vicki

I may have an idea...DDR and FoDD team up next year....

Some of us DDR peeps were already talking about doing a DumontDuneRiders booth for next year for the site. We'd sell DDR shirts, stickers, hats etc at a discounted rate with every new FoDD membership. For example: DDR shirt= $15....OR...$5 with signing up for a FoDD membership which is $24/ year. ($29 total). This helps DDR with exposure for the site which has valuable info for Dumont on it such as Closure threats, etc and helps FoDD too. Maybe if FoDD and DDR teamed up together to chip in on the cost of the booth, we could REALLY represent Dumont next year. Anna and I have many ideas to make the booth better, Vicki. Maybe we can help make it even more successful next year. :thumb: We'll talk about it more later. :D

Anna and I have many ideas to make the booth better, Vicki. :D

That's what I was counting on! :D

The cost of the booth is pretty substantial. I think I may be able to work out something with the SSSS to get FoDD's booth free (or at least reduced) but they don't usually allow "splitting" of booth spaces even when they're rented at full price. The only other problem with getting a secondary booth is it would be hell and gone from the DUNERS booth... but that would be my woe because I would be the one mostly splitting my time.

We have a year to come up with a plan... I have no doubt it will be a good one. :freakin_nuts:

Vicki

That's what I was counting on! :D

The cost of the booth is pretty substantial. I think I may be able to work out something with the SSSS to get FoDD's booth free (or at least reduced) but they don't usually allow "splitting" of booth spaces even when they're rented at full price. The only other problem with getting a secondary booth is it would be hell and gone from the DUNERS booth... but that would be my woe because I would be the one mostly splitting my time.

We have a year to come up with a plan... I have no doubt it will be a good one. :freakin_nuts:

Vicki

I didn't necessarily mean ideas for this year's booth. I meant next year's booth. We were kinda new to the whole FoDD thing and didn't really know what help was needed. I think the sand in the buckets were a great idea. It attracted many poeple over to the booth. After seeing and experiencing working in the booth, we talked about it afterwards and decided ways to maybe help make it work even better for next year.

I'd say keep the buckets of sand. It helped get people to come over with the whole idea of "which is Glamis? which is Dumont?". That was great. :D

I think maybe have more stickers and things such like that to give away that have FoDD on them. Look how fast the DDR stickers went. People love free stuff, especially stickers. You can get small ones made for a cheap enough cost, that would be a great way to get the FoDD organization name known.

Another thing that would help, which you added already though, is to have the FoDD banner more noticeable. I understand this wasn't any more possible this year since the booth was shared, but it was definitely hard for some to see from what I have heard.

The photos were great. Presentation is everything. Maybe having some pictures blown up or printed as a large poster would help attract people as well. The one thing I noticed was people's eyes and where they were most focused on...the pics and the sand.

A signup table making it easier to sign up would probably help too. I know there is a membership app. in the tri-fold flyer, but it seemed kind of a pain for some to quickly and easily sign up. Maybe if a table with chairs was setup with lots of pens was there, it would be more inviting for people to come on in and fill out a membership. Just a thought.

These are all ideas from what I noticed at this year's SSSS. As I said earlier, I have never worked a booth before and didn't know what to expect or would be needed. Like you said before, "We have a year to come up with a plan" and I completely agree and am sure together we can help make it better than ever. It's just like the clean-ups at Dumont. Every year it get's bigger and better and more and more people help out and come together. :freakin_nuts:

ya lets put some rhinos in there!!!! that alot of people would stop and looooook!!!! :driver:

:freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: or maybe some shiney blinking lights or maybe if we all wore DuneBuggy.com hats everyone would know we were their friends :driver::driver::thumb::driver: :freakin_nuts:

Now, I wasn't there, but got to see a lot of the pictures. I think that the banner was great! Fabulous idea AND it looked nice! :freakin_nuts:

I was thinking maybe some better signage/posters. I realize there is probably not that much "funding" available to make them super spectacular, but maybe there is someone that is apart of DDR that does signs? Just a thought. You need something that will get peoples attention. Something eye catching. The better the booth looks, the better FoDD looks. :freakin_nuts:

Sand, fabulous idea! :freakin_nuts: ...and definitely the pictures! :driver: ...and yes, definitely start throwing around some "free stuff" ideas! Nothing makes people remember and notice you more, than free stuff! Like I said, maybe there is some folks out there thru DDR or FoDD that have some "creative" talents that they could offer to such a good cause.

...just my .02 cents! :driver:

:freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: or maybe some shiney blinking lights

Say... think we'd attract a bigger crowd if we put in those flashing mouth thingies we passed around Saturday night??? :D

Free stuff is always good but drawing them over long enough to actually discuss the issues and WHY they should get involved is better and that's not always easy. The sand made them stop long enough to bend their ears a little, usually. And the pictures drew them inside where we could surround them if we wanted. Next year how about an above eye-level shelf unit with a TV on top playing one of a thousand sand videos... with literature on the shelves below. And candy... get the kids inside and the parents follow. B)

Geez... everyone has had some great ideas and it's only been two days. Can you imagine what we'll have in a year?!?

Vicki

Say... think we'd attract a bigger crowd if we put in those flashing mouth thingies we passed around Saturday night??? :D

:freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: and the flashing antenna ears too! :driver: That might work.....along with making us look like complete lunatics! :freakin_nuts: :driver:

:freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: and the flashing antenna ears too! :driver: That might work.....along with making us look like complete lunatics! :freakin_nuts: :driver:

A flashing Vegas sign will draw bunches in.....but Dumont isn't really in Vegas now is it??? :thumb:

All vendors or exhibitors can get RV parking right next to the east gate.

I'd be glad to smoke up the BBacks again if you can fit my rig in there next year. We'll feed you all and there will be a local place to tip a few ICAB's.