new Wi Fi remote now available for the Go Pro

dunefreak

I'm pretty stoked about this. Gotta order one up soon!

This will come in handy capturing photos on a ride instead of having to grab still frames from videos wasting battery life and card space. Smart phone app coming soon too! I like the wrist mounted switch and screen. I'll probably mount that on my handlebars or right wrist. :)

http://gopro.com/hd-...c-remote-combo/

ComboKit_All_Worn01_042.jpg

ComboKit_Remote_BacPac_052.jpg

wi-fi-combo-features-block2.jpg

the price seems a little steep, i saw $300 for it before, and i cant get to the Gopro site right now for some reason.

Definitely looks cool. would be cool if people in camp could watch a run. not enough signal for that probly though. would also be nice to turn the recording on and off easier and know what state it's in.

the price seems a little steep, i saw $300 for it before, and i cant get to the Gopro site right now for some reason.

Definitely looks cool. would be cool if people in camp could watch a run. not enough signal for that probly though. would also be nice to turn the recording on and off easier and know what state it's in.

It's only $99 for the whole kit. The website seemed to start lagging shortly after I posted this. It was right after I got the email about it from Go Pro. Maybe it's popularity has draw a ton of traffic to their site. ?

It says on their site the wifi signal is good up to 600 ft.

i was already doing research on it. think I'm going to sell my hero and buy a second hero 2

It works on the Hero 1 or 2 according to the website

i imagine that the remote is coded to it's specific bac-pac... hopefully.

$99 sounds pretty darn good, not sure where i saw $300 but that seemed very steep and Gopro hadn't listed the price yet.

The wi-fi works with both cameras but some of the features don't work on the Hero HD. i think all you can really do is record on and off with the HD. the Hero 2 does all the fancy stuff.

Steve let me know on your HD. I want a Hero 2, but beggers and all...

• 1 month later...

Steve-

I just got the kit. I did all the updates for the wifi and the remote. I can get it all to work except for getting the video portion to work. It seems like it is in the camera itself. I removed all the wifi stuff and the issue is still there. I wonder if it is a firmware issue. I sent a message off to Gopro and hopefully they can steer me in the right direction.

• Got it solved, Called the technical support. Had me reload the firmware and its works now. Gonna put it on Tony's truggy and see how the remote works while he is out racing in the Lucas racing series this weekend in Glen Helen.