Banshee bog out

Bigchil369

Have an 02 banshee replaced my clutch cleanned my carbs and adjusted them. I adjusted my clutch according to the specs. Not sure what's wrong with it it idles fine and all except when I shift it into 1st gear I let go of the clutch it bogs out and shuts off quick I have to throttle it up high to get going on 1st once I start rolling its fine. It feels as if has no power when taking off. Any advice would help thanks.

Joeduner-that's how I ride all the time! Lol

Ynot- I installed the clutch to specs and adjusted the carbs to specs all from the manual.

Turbo-Bruce- yeah the clutch was bad I did adjust the carbs according to specs it idles correctly starts right up I was thinking maybe old fuel it had, replaced the fuel with new and it rides better but it still does it on first gear it feels like something is holding the bike down when I release te clutch.

Dunefreak- yes I did when I installed the clutch i soaked the clutch fiber plates for a few hours but I didn't ride it right away it sat for a good 5 months and just last weekend I rode it since i replaced the clutch but that was the reason for not ridding it because I'm not sure what's the issue I don't want to brake something else.

I am going to throw this out as it happened to me. After rebuilding the carbs the slides got mixed up and the right went into the left and left into right. It idled fine but was rough at high RPM's. It also went thru fuel like it was dumping it out of the pipes. On a whim you might just check your slides and make sure the slide with the set-up for the choke(left side) is in the correct hole. It's an easy mistake and can be a pain to figure out. Hope it helps

• 4 weeks later...