Nov. 30-Dec. 2 trip report

desertrider71

Rolled in Friday night at about 9. The wind was so bad we got everything out of the hauler and stayed inside for the rest of the night. Headed out around 8 the next morning for a ride. The dunes were smoothed out from last weekend. a lot of sharp razors and a ton of changes from T-day. It was overcast all day and made for a challenging time reading the sand all day. Headed over to meet up with Green Monster ( Eric ) and CharlesuFarley (Mike). They were out so we went back to camp and took the quad out for the first time in a year. Went back to camp to relax for a few when Mike showed up for a run. Eric was at the peak just to the right of the superbowl. We headed up and had a meet and greet at the top of the hill. They were cool peeps and their crew were cool too. We did a fun run on the Banshee side of the dunes and ended up running back over and playing on the face side of the comp side of the dunes. I didn't do too bad considering I'm still feeling the XP out. They got to running around doing jumps and I took some pics. We split to our camp to get some dinner ready and chill. We called it a day early but were awakened by the sound of a quad starting outside the hauler. I jumped up and turned all the outside lights on since we were all alone and my quad was the only one for about a quarter mile. I thought maybe the tweakers were running around looking for bartering goods. It turned out one of the Canadians (Will) from Eric and Mikes camp had gotten loose and was making rounds ! Lol. We went back to sleep and woke to another round of crazy winds. Kicked around and loaded up to hea home. Those of you heading out next weekend should have some good sand to play in. It was good to meet you Green Machine and CharlesuFarley. Overall another good trip to Dumont.post-4176-0-23717900-1354502030_thumb.jppost-4176-0-49574500-1354501458_thumb.jppost-4176-0-57302600-1354501485_thumb.jppost-4176-0-08070800-1354501516_thumb.jppost-4176-0-91189700-1354501556_thumb.jppost-4176-0-27211400-1354501587_thumb.jppost-4176-0-70700800-1354501629_thumb.jppost-4176-0-51218500-1354501721_thumb.jppost-4176-0-05468000-1354501823_thumb.jppost-4176-0-75770400-1354501943_thumb.jppost-4176-0-66891600-1354501988_thumb.jp

We called it a day early but were awakened by the sound of a quad starting outside the hauler. I jumped up and turned all the outside lights on since we were all alone and my quad was the only one for about a quarter mile. I thought maybe the tweakers were running around looking for bartering goods. It turned out one of the Canadians (Will) from Eric and Mikes camp had gotten loose and was making rounds ! Lol.

So Will came back to camp and told me what he did.....ugh, on behalf of our camp....I apologize for him..lol I yelled at him for disturbing you.

So our trip started when we arrived in this foreign place called Dumont Dunes Thursday morning around 10:30-11:00 am. There was literally one other trailer and our group out there so we got to camp anywhere we wanted. Ended up near a small hill around C-13 and couldn't have been a better spot. The kids played on and around the hill while we went out for rides.

Friday Mike (CharlesUFarley) rolled in and joined the fun and we met up with John (desertrider71) on Saturday. Good guy and glad we could meet up. Wish we had more time to go on a ride but maybe next time.

I must say I was very impressed with Dumont and maybe a little scared at first of the razer backs but after a while got the hang of em and had a blast riding my quad with a few buddys. We had a couple small crashes and good laughs watching them back on the projector at night.

The sand was beautiful when the wind wasn't blowing and when we left today Monday, it was blue skys and from the looks of the dunes, they were perfect.

Back to reality, hope we can get a ride in with a few others in the future.

2ujqwsx.jpg

2uetf1g.jpg

34ycl77.jpg

58r9h.jpg

2w65jk3.jpg

35ldrio.jpg

delcle.jpg

35mm6ja.jpg

sfl3ba.jpg

9hunuu.jpg

ny8wn4.jpg

30utpbb.jpg

It was good meeting you John, and your wife (I'm horrible with names, I apologize.) Is it Tracy?

It was also great camping with Eric and his whole group: Those crazy Canucks, Will and Tom. The Astonians, Cal and Hono. (It's highly probable that I'm butchering the spelling of those names. Eric's brother Andrew, The other Andrew and his wife Becky were very cool. It was awesome watching all the kids having a blast on the little quads.

Unfortunately, I waited until Monday to discover the backside of the dunes where the North Pole is. I had a blast making a little race track out of circling the dunes. I probably cut a chunck of lifespan off my buggy back there...lol, but I guess that's what they're for.

Maybe I'll post a video if the file isn't too big.

• Like 1

I am reading these reports and looking at the pic and making vroom vroom noises, and I still have two and a half more weeks,

Nothing beats an off weekend and having the dunes to yourself! So glad the wind clean those dunes up.

Great reports and pics! Thank you for sharing!