Powder Coating

flavtfan

Anyone know of a good powder coater in Las Vegas that can do my new set of Douglas wheels? I got a set of 8X8 wheels and need them semi gloss black instead of chrome. Also, what should I expect to pay to have 2 wheels coated? I'm moving from my 20X10X10 7 paddle extremes to 21X12X8 6 paddle haulers

i would say 30-40 per wheel, but not sure who to go to here. I wouldn't run Haulers on a 450+ bike preferably. The haulers aren't made for the 400cc+ bikes (per Skat~Trak), the Extremes are a much stiffer paddle and will give you better traction per paddle. Yes, i know a lot of people do, but to have extremes and switch... :slap:

I have ran a 22x11x8 8 paddle on my bike with current power, but at Coral pink (5500ft) and i could feel the power difference (loss) from the tire size.

I do know where you can get some new Black Bead lock wheels for the same price as new DWT and paying for the coating. I am changing over to the Bead locks soon i think.

If you want to sell the 20x10x10 let me know. i would be interested for the right price.

sounds good guys, I'll check them both out for pricing and turn around time. Rap, I talked to a lot of people including fullerton and skat trak and the 21X12X8 6 paddle is what pretty much all of them recommended for a stock to mildly built yfz for the best all around duning and better speed so we will see. I'm going to stick with my 20X10X10 7 paddle though as spares or if I just do not like the new ones. Looks wise I really like the look of the 10 inch wheel vs the 8 inch so we'll see if the 8's grow on me. I'm also sending the head and carb off for port work around May, right now I just have the big 3 done with the FCI, Pipe, and Cammod and it really hauls a$$. I'm going with a CP 12:75:1 piston, port/polish, and a 42.5 taperbore carb.

My buddy used a guy that charged him $150 for for an entire rack, I will findout who it was.

i would say 30-40 per wheel, but not sure who to go to here. I wouldn't run Haulers on a 450+ bike preferably. The haulers aren't made for the 400cc+ bikes (per Skat~Trak), the Extremes are a much stiffer paddle and will give you better traction per paddle. Yes, i know a lot of people do, but to have extremes and switch... :slap: I have ran a 22x11x8 8 paddle on my bike with current power, but at Coral pink (5500ft) and i could feel the power difference (loss) from the tire size. I do know where you can get some new Black Bead lock wheels for the same price as new DWT and paying for the coating. I am changing over to the Bead locks soon i think. If you want to sell the 20x10x10 let me know. i would be interested for the right price.

Haulers are a great tire for a 450 based bike, I run 6 pdl 22" haulers on my 450.

my buddy has a blue yfz with hipers and blue rings....looks sweet. i used to like the polished look but like the maintenance of black wheels, soon my handlebars and swingarm will be black too :)

Edited by flavtfan

Better hurry.. I heard he is moving to a better company ..If anyone uses him in the next few days tell him that David from Artistic is your friend and he will do you goodCapt

^^^ i heard they are good but I used State of the Art powder coating here in Vegas for my sandcar and so does Paul Tracy...they are good.

vegas powder coating was the place that wanted 200 dollars to do a pair of 8X8 ATV wheels. Proline is 80 for the pair and Surface Effects was 100 in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by flavtfan

Thanks Capt for checking, I actually dropped them off at proline today so I could get the quickest turnaround for my trip next week. Sorry about that Capt, I will edit my post, I went back to my email and it was actually vegas powder coating that quoted me for 200, I never got a reply back from State of the Art from their email contact information on their website. I should have emailed dewayne at operations instead of the sales dept. I'll look into them when it's time to do my swingarm. I have a friend that is wanting a banshee frame powder coated....you think he would do a decent price on that?

Edited by flavtfan

Contact me when your ready... Dewayne will be hard to find at that place after fri of this week.. No problem.. I asked him about it and he didnt recall the call of telling anyone anything lol.. I will let him know.Capt

Thanks Capt for checking, I actually dropped them off at proline today so I could get the quickest turnaround for my trip next week. Sorry about that Capt, I will edit my post, I went back to my email and it was actually vegas powder coating that quoted me for 200, I never got a reply back from State of the Art from their email contact information on their website. I should have emailed dewayne at operations instead of the sales dept. I'll look into them when it's time to do my swingarm. I have a friend that is wanting a banshee frame powder coated....you think he would do a decent price on that?