Epic day in pismo, come on over!

Reddog

Hello everyone!

Having a great day here at oceano, so i thought I would share it with you. The dunes are empty, the winds are light, and the temp is 70 degrees, it doesn't get any better than this. Let me see if I can post some pics....

Edited by Reddog
  • Like 1

Weather looks and sounds awesome, But where are the dunes? Looks like a beach

We usually camp on the road into the dunes, the rest of the area is down the beach a bit. Not as big as dumont, but when on an off weekend it is pretty nice.

Yo pete

I think it's time y'all made a trip to the coast!

Maybe I can drag cheese outta retirement and we can do it up right...haha

I'd love to but we're actually headed to the other coast and beyond next month so Pismo will have to wait a lil while longer. One if these days though!

Cruised up on Sunday morning. We got a set of "Sticky Whips" for christmas, Suction cup whip mounts. They worked perfectly, just stuck them on the Jeep and they never moved, even with a 1/2" whip and big 35" x 60" flag, they held just fine. We never went more than 35 mph and there was no wind at all, I would say they are great for getting to comp or banshee. Met the owner Eric, he whipped up some 1/2" mounts for me on saturday and I picked them up sunday, He just gave them to me raw to test out. I'll finish them up at the shop and get some pictures up.

Other than that, The dunes and whether were nothing short of perfect. We cruised over to the drags and just hung out there for a few hours. Should have worn shorts and t-shirt, temp in the jeep said 78. Jeep gets through the dunes with no problem, love that thing. Cant wait to get a lift on it.

Just took one picture at the drags

65250_10200163834157087_1390122223_n.jpg