It was a Tough Mudder day......

Ive done the escape from alcatraz, ironman, silvermann, and the run with the devil ....and a bunch of others but those were hard and easy to remember. Today I did tough mudder. Its a completely different animal but most definately the real deal. It took 2 hrs 30 minutes.....to cover 12.5 miles and somewhere around 20 obstacles. I have hardware in my body (ie steel) and by far the worst was two electrical shock fields. They say they dont recommend you do them if you have steel, but what the heck. I almost went out on the first one, crawling in water under barb wire, The second at the finish line was two mud pits seperated by hay bails with the 10000 volt electrical lines hanging down. I got to the second hay bail and was put out....and woke up about 1 or 2 seconds later as I brought my head out of the water......Got a good gash on my rt arm from the fall, but both knees where already pretty hurt. I thought the worst part would have been the fact that I broke my left wrist two weeks ago, but it was ok, only really painful on two falls...

For anyone thinking about it, it was the running that killed most people. All trail running often in mud, grass, etc....I run 1.40 or so half marathons so the running was right up my alley. You need to be able to do pretty extreme pull ups too.

Sounds like to much work for me. Yah I am a fat azz. Glad to hear you have the stamina will to make it through. Hats off to you. Next time they say no steel maybe you will listen and come home with less damage. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

well, if I can race for hours....think of the other things I could do for hours......plus have you seen the woman that do it, spandex and bathing suits......and they can raise their heart rate for hours too. Makes it easier to run from someone or catch someone too....I caught some kids after a foot chase....of three miles, I was already in 4 on my work out. The cops said" where did you chase them from?" like they would never......ever. One guy got 9 months. Waited till I was sworn in on the stand to take the deal.

Edited by 1320

well, if I can race for hours....think of the other things I could do for hours......plus have you seen the woman that do it, spandex and bathing suits......and they can raise MY heart rate for hours too. Makes it easier to run from someone or catch someone too....I caught some kids after a foot chase....of three miles, I was already in 4 on my work out. The cops said" where did you chase them from?" like they would never......ever. One guy got 9 months. Waited till I was sworn in on the stand to take the deal.

OK............... That kind of heart rate raising is OK ! :hello: But......I wouldn't make it through it.... :bawl: