best route to dumont

vegas style

what way do people go from vegas to dumont? :shocked2:

i have a titan 4x4 and a small toy hauler and will be making my first trip this weekend.

i have maps and know the area somewhat just would rather hear for all of you then to try them all at least at first few times. :D

or if someone wants to travel together i will be ready on friday about noon on. :beercheers:

Vegas Style Noon is about the time i plan on leaving friday!! Meet you at the Gas station off Rainbow and 160.. the Shell Station... Last minute gas and supplies there then off to dumont... Chris1223 your more than welcome to follow as well.. .

Vegas Style Noon is about the time i plan on leaving friday!! Meet you at the Gas station off Rainbow and 160.. the Shell Station... Last minute gas and supplies there then off to dumont... Chris1223 your more than welcome to follow as well.. .

Does that Shell station have diesel fuel? If they do are they reasonably priced?

so the old spanish trial road to the 127, then south to dumont for you guys? how long does it take you to get to dumont?

It's about an 1hr30min/ 1hr45min going through Tecopa. Baker way is about 20-30 minutes longer.

It depends on how many tricks you wanna do on your way though. :headbang1::headbang1:

i was happy i could play follow the leader behind pete on the way back last weekend. only one trick and it would have been a better trick if there would have been cooked meat coming off the BBQ instead of parts and tools. :P

the only tricky part of the tecopa route is that one section that is tight and curvy with the hairpin turn. but it is what a couple miles at the most. the rest of the road is fine and if it keeps me off 15 on a weekend im all for it... :laughing:

ps we need a flying food smiley :laughoff:

i was happy i could play follow the leader behind pete on the way back last weekend. only one trick and it would have been a better trick if there would have been cooked meat coming off the BBQ instead of parts and tools. :P

the only tricky part of the tecopa route is that one section that is tight and curvy with the hairpin turn. but it is what a couple miles at the most. the rest of the road is fine and if it keeps me off 15 on a weekend im all for it... :laughoff:

ps we need a flying food smiley :laughoff:

Yeah that was the only trick I did on that trip. I kept the speeds to a minimum since I thought I was gonna run outta fuel. :laughing:

i have to go through baker since i only get like 8 + - mile to the gallon when im towing....have to fill up in baker.....takes about 3/4 tank of gas....But that when i dont have my helicopter drop me off at camp..lol

I do the same thing...Baker there...fill up; then Tecopa home.