Looking to replace my K&N with a FOAM filter

dunefreak

Should I get the red one or gray Brute Force? Looks like the red ones have the metal screen and only some of the gray Brute Force ones have the inner structure support. :think:

AEM-21-2028DK.jpg

AEM-21-2029BF.jpg

Durable AEM Universal Clamp-on Air Filters

AEM Universal Clamp-on air filters come in two basic types.

Our standard Dryflow® air filter has screen wire for rigid structural strength. These filters have a thick red colored oil-free filtering media.

Our other clamp-on air filter is our Brute Force Dryflow® air filter. It is a durable filter that is a favorite in rough, dusty racing conditions. These filters have a gray colored filtering media. They are very durable but not as rigid (???) since they don't contain screen. There is no risk of filter damage during shipping, installation or cleaning. These Dryflow® filters will retain their shape and performance even after abuse. Most Brute Force Dryflow filter elements are reinforced with a lightweight mineral-reinforced plastic cage that maintains the element’s structural integrity and prevents the filter from collapsing from flow demands.

I ran the brute force gray media the last two seasons after seeing them on Terry's car....kept the K&N as a back up clean in a bag but never needed it.

Still cleaned after every trip and ran an outerwear but no more oil on my MAF!!!

Edited by sanddunesaddict

ok, that's the one I was eyeing anyways. They make a perfect sized one that is close to my current filter size but maybe a little bigger in diameter. It has the inner structure too. Summit sells them a bit cheaper than AEM and also has the outwear/ wraps. :)

Yeah I see that. The big bottle is only $8.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and drew a line where the neck of the filter extends from the filter. So when you rinse it up and down in water and I use orange degreaser. It keeps the dirt from coming back through the filter opening and back into the filter. I get my cleaner at Costco or Lowes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.aemintakes.com/search/univcone.aspx

Terry Just look up your intake size on here and check your space for a filter on the bike and OHV. Just be sure that the AEM isn't all hype. I thought the K and N was the sh*ts but it caused me to lose my top end on the Rhino in the St Anthony dust. Bill $1007. sucks!