What size tires can you run w/o a lift?

dunefreak

Ok so I haven't lifted my truck yet. :happydrunks: I almost had the cash to do it and then I had my accident w/ breaking my friggin arms. :happydrunks: Pisses me off, but what do ya do? I guess I'm leavin it stock height for a while. I just turned up the torsions to level it out today & realigned it. I am just gonna throw some decent wheels & tires on there for now (or forever probably :unsure: ). My question is what size can you get away with without having them rub? 285's 305's? I heard a guy on GD.com ran 305's w/ stock wheels and just had to slightly trim the front bumper trim a bit. I also want to find tires that are decent AND "E" rated in a 17". Anyone know of any? I like the Toyo M/T's, but they only make 35's in a 17. :huh:

BTW, I have an 05 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax (non-dually)

Im havign a hard time finding 285's in a 17 period... i have found a few in 16's w/ that load rating... it also allows for more sidewall to be exposed so if you have to air down you get a little more coverage... and Bridgestone Dueler is one of them as well as BFG...

Trav, I thought you said those were 305's? Or did you just mean the pic is of Toyo AT's?

Hmmm, maybe. I don't care too much for the AT's. I like the MT's a lot but they don't make any in 17's that are smaller. Lemme think about those though. I might have to go w/ those or BFG 285/75/16 E rated :unsure:

Trav, I thought you said those were 305's? Or did you just mean the pic is of Toyo AT's?

Hmmm, maybe. I don't care too much for the AT's. I like the MT's a lot but they don't make any in 17's that are smaller. Lemme think about those though. I might have to go w/ those or BFG 285/75/16 E rated :unsure:

Pete, I F'D up! I meant 285. Hey how about you let me put some 20" wheels on your truck with 33" Toyo M/T's? Here is an H3 I just finished with that combo!

2662DSCN2272.JPG

Pete, I F'D up! I meant 285. Hey how about you let me put some 20" wheels on your truck with 33" Toyo M/T's? Here is an H3 I just finished with that combo!

2662DSCN2272.JPG

Nah, 20's are a bit big for me. Especially w/ only 33's. I am considering the Toyo M/T 33x12.5x18 's though. Are those available (can you get em) ? Let me know. THNX

Nah, 20's are a bit big for me. Especially w/ only 33's. I am considering the Toyo M/T 33x12.5x18 's though. Are those available (can you get em) ? Let me know. THNX

Yo, he can get anything!! LOL I say you pull your fingers out of your a$$ (isnt that really how you broke your wrists?) and put a six inch lift with some 35's and 20's. These would look sweet on your truck, not to mention, it wont look like every other HD out there!

post-63-1134602701_thumb.jpg

Yo, he can get anything!! LOL I say you pull your fingers out of your a$$ (isnt that really how you broke your wrists?) and put a six inch lift with some 35's and 20's. These would look sweet on your truck, not to mention, it wont look like every other HD out there!

That's what I'm Talking About!

Maybe you all didn't read my previous thread:

DUH, I'll spell it out for you fools: I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY ANYMORE!!!

Besides , JJ, every other truck out there DOES have 35's on 20's. :angry: And my fingers ain't up my a$$ like your head is up yours. :flipoff::puke:

I'm down for it Trav if you wanna hook it up, but I can't swing 7-8 G's right now or for a while. :( I don't want to settle for a cheaper lift than the CST either, this is why I'm waiting. :laughing:

I'm not cranky one bit actually. Today was one of the best days I have ever had. I got my casts off AND found out I am able to get my sandrail fixed this weekend. :laughing: That's another thread though.

ISBB, it's just that it was irritating reading all those posts saying, yeah you should lift your truck when that is what I have wanted to do since before I even bought my truck. The sad truth is though I don't have 7G to pull out of my a$$ right now to do it. :puke:

I'm down for it Trav if you wanna hook it up, but I can't swing 7-8 G's right now or for a while. :( I don't want to settle for a cheaper lift than the CST either, this is why I'm waiting. :laughing:

Put them helpers to work!!!! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!!

I personally would just hold out till you do have the money but, what do I know.

Edited by PiercedBoy