Have questions about Dumont

midtravel

First of all can you or do you need reservations? if so where can i get them. Is there a truck that has water and dumps holding tanks. How far is the store. Never been there and i live in Bakersfield. I will be coming over for Thanksgiving. Is there a prefered spot that is better to stay and where is it. I have a 35 ft toyhauler and a mid travel buggy. There will be friends with me also with buggies and quads. none of us have been there yet. Any help would be great THANKS :hello:

First of all can you or do you need reservations? if so where can i get them. Is there a truck that has water and dumps holding tanks. How far is the store. Never been there and i live in Bakersfield. I will be coming over for Thanksgiving. Is there a prefered spot that is better to stay and where is it. I have a 35 ft toyhauler and a mid travel buggy. There will be friends with me also with buggies and quads. none of us have been there yet. Any help would be great THANKS :hello:

Reservations....Dumont is first come, first serve....

Store...there are vendors there on most weekends and Baker is the closest for anything else.

You do not need reservations as I don't now where you would get them. The store is more than 30 mile from the dune. I don't think there is a truck that come around to dump the tanks but you can dump the tanks in Baker on your way home. the perfered spot is where you think looks good. Hope this helps

Hi "midtravel". My family and I are also from Bakersfield and we camp at Dumont 2-3 times per year. We usually camp near the first finger dune and we some how usually end up next to the giant McFlury which is a great marker at night. We have a charcoal chevy 2500 4x4, 39 ft Sandpiper. We will be there for Thanksgiving, if that is when you're going maybe we will meet you.

Hi "midtravel". My family and I are also from Bakersfield and we camp at Dumont 2-3 times per year. We usually camp near the first finger dune and we some how usually end up next to the giant McFlury which is a great marker at night. We have a charcoal chevy 2500 4x4, 39 ft Sandpiper. We will be there for Thanksgiving, if that is when you're going maybe we will meet you.

That would be considered the "second" finger dune. At least that's how I have always seen it..the second one you come to when pulling into Dumont. I guess you could look at it the other way around though. :laughing:

That's right about where we camp on the holiday weekends. :D Our buddies at the McFlurry camp are our neighbors....good people. :think:

Hello raptorgirl. I also have a charcoal grey GMC 2500 HD 2004 and a 35 ft Jayco Talon Z/X Looking forward to going there for the first time. I will look for ya when we get there. There will be 3 or 4 of us maybe more with buggies and quads. We are going over to Piz Oct 19th thurs and coming home the 22nd monday. Thanks