minimum age requirement to operate a side x side?

dunefreak

What is the minimum age requirement to operate a side x side at Dumont? I read 16 unless supervised by an adult.

Nowhere on the Dumont BLM's webpage does it say. All I found was ISDRA and it's a little confusing.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/isdra/dunesinfo/lawenforcement/qanda.html

i seen kids driving plenty of SxS down Vendor row. Even over New Year's when they were being strict and I didn't see anyone being harassed about it.

It's a good question.

Of Course it was a full grown adult dude that drove RIGHT into and over a 22' flag pole we had in front of our spot. Not sure why they were even trying to go forward into our vending area, but maybe he should have had a kid driving cause he couldn't see.. lol

ROV = side by side

CVC 38600. Operator of a ROV shall be at least 16 years of age, or be directly supervised in the vehicle by a parent or guardian or adult authorized by the parent or guardian.

CVC 38604. Operator of ROV shall not allow a passenger unless the passenger is seated upright with back against seatback and can grasp the occupant handhold with the seatbelt/safety harness properly fastened.

ROV = side by side

CVC 38600. Operator of a ROV shall be at least 16 years of age, or be directly supervised in the vehicle by a parent or guardian or adult authorized by the parent or guardian.

CVC 38604. Operator of ROV shall not allow a passenger unless the passenger is seated upright with back against seatback and can grasp the occupant handhold with the seatbelt/safety harness properly fastened.

So that includes the 170 rzr

ROV = side by side

Right but then below that states this...

CVC 38304.1 (a) Neither a parent or guardian of a child who is under 14 years of age, nor an adult who is authorized by the parent or guardian to supervise that child, shall grant permission to, or knowingly allow, that child to operate an off-highway motor vehicle in a manner that violates Section 38304. (effective 1/1/10)

Again, this is all from Imperial Sand Dunes's BLM page, not Dumont. I'm just guessing they are the same rules since they're both CA.

Right but then below that states this...

CVC 38304.1 (a) Neither a parent or guardian of a child who is under 14 years of age, nor an adult who is authorized by the parent or guardian to supervise that child, shall grant permission to, or knowingly allow, that child to operate an off-highway motor vehicle in a manner that violates Section 38304. (effective 1/1/10)

Again, this is all from Imperial Sand Dunes's BLM page, not Dumont. I'm just guessing they are the same rules since they're both CA.

Which is

38304. The operator of an off-highway motor vehicle shall be able

to reach and operate all controls necessary to safely operate the

vehicle.

So essentially they need to be able to reach the controls.