Bye Bye Old Rail.. Hello LS1 Rail

nwtdiesel

Sold my red long travel rail (in my sig) a few months ago, it was finally all beefed up with gussets, bigger spindles and more ("Newly Proof" as some friends say) but still had the weak loud 200hp Rotary motor which I wasn't very fond of. I didn't want to back half the car and put all the money into a v6 turbo motor so I just sold it. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get another car because of all the accidents and crashes that have been going on lately.. I really don't want my kids around all the wild, crazy crap that goes on in the sand but I guess at least i can some what control most of that by driving safe, slow and away from crowds. Some people out there are straight idiots! Im thinking this year I might wear a full face helmet when going on the fast solo runs depending on the crowds. I don't wear one in my rock buggy but I really need to, a know a couple guys who barely bopped there heads on the cage and it has changed them. One of the bad Sand Rail crashes last season happened to a guy I know well and he split his forehead open from hitting the roll bar, it knocked him out, if he had a helmet he would have been fine. Could have killed him and most are surprised it didn't.

All that said I decided to give her another go at it this season, looks like ill be getting into my third car and by far the best built car. If all goes as planned ill be picking up a 5 seat, long travel, LS1 motor, MD4 trans car this week. Ill post pics when/if I get it for sure. I have a trip planned to Flagstaff Cinders Aug 28- Sept 1st, taking the family and meeting some friends. Camping in the Pine Trees sounds great to me. If anyone wants to go we can caravan. Keep you guys posted, I cant wait for dune season and its going to come fast!

Edited by nwtdiesel

Awesome, hope it works out for you. Make sure the trans in the car is a "2D" and not an "E-box". They use the same case that has "MD4S" stamped on it, so just be aware. Shoot me an e-mail or call the shop if you need clarification.

sean@weddleindustries.com

805-562-8600

It's good to hear you're not going to get out of the sand just yet. Dune riding is some of the best riding I have ever had. Something to remember, especially about big weekends is that you really only hear about the "Bad", you will never hear about the 10's of thousands of other people that had a fun, safe experience. Accidents do happen, but many can be avoided by someone who has their head on a swivel and uses common sense.

I don't like going to any "destination" on holiday weekends anymore. There are just too many people around who lack the common sense or just plain disregard it. I have much more fun going on the less crowded weekends and not having to worry about other people's lack of common sense.

Don't forget to post up your new ride! :drinkbeer:

• Like 2

Awesome, hope it works out for you. Make sure the trans in the car is a "2D" and not an "E-box". They use the same case that has "MD4S" stamped on it, so just be aware. Shoot me an e-mail or call the shop if you need clarification.

sean@weddleindustries.com

805-562-8600

It's good to hear you're not going to get out of the sand just yet. Dune riding is some of the best riding I have ever had. Something to remember, especially about big weekends is that you really only hear about the "Bad", you will never hear about the 10's of thousands of other people that had a fun, safe experience. Accidents do happen, but many can be avoided by someone who has their head on a swivel and uses common sense.

I don't like going to any "destination" on holiday weekends anymore. There are just too many people around who lack the common sense or just plain disregard it. I have much more fun going on the less crowded weekends and not having to worry about other people's lack of common sense.

Don't forget to post up your new ride! :drinkbeer:

Yea true true for sure. Just think of all the "Almost" crashes you see on the hills. I saw a ton that could have been very nasty and it was just luck of a few inches that some cars didn't hit head on. Head on a swivel is most important.

Ill have to check out the trans, he says it a Mendiola 4D I might have got it wrong with the MD4 post. Ill make sure it def not a E box though. I doubt it is since its a pretty nice car but who knows. Ill post it up with info when/if I get it, my eyes are set on this car but if anyone knows of a sweet 4-5 seater long travel let me know.

Edited by nwtdiesel

Picked her up today! Looks and feels like very good quality and HAULS A$$. Love the V8 sound and torque. Man I cant wait to take her to Dumont! I have the new aluminum roof in my truck, I just need to drill the holes and install it and I need to throw some light bars on it. What a big change 200hp to 400hp!!!

RFRrail_zpsad131ef3.jpg

RFRrail6_zps0fbdb6d8.jpg

RFRrail5_zps49636fd6.jpg

RFRrail4_zpsd5bf8a33.jpg

RFRrail3_zps295125a6.jpg

RFRrail2_zps27e446f3.jpg

RFRrail1_zps8d35748a.jpg

• Like 2

Chased a bunch of block numbers down today and it seams the motor in my car is a 01' ls1 with the stronger ls6 aluminum block and it came from Turn Key and is the 410hp motor they supply. I was pretty happy with that. My buddy is trying to talk me into a cam and heads.. LOL I bet 550hp is fun. Maybe later ill get to find out.

• Like 1

<<<< Sold my old rail for $14k plus a few guns and ammo.

Picked this one up for $20K

2007 Rear Engine hardly used, Paint excellent, Engine and wiring clean, Aluminum block 5.7L LS1 410hp, New Paddles and Razors, Spare set of dirt tires/wheels, FOX coil overs, True long travel, MD4S-2D trans, 4140 Chromo 930 axles, 930 CVs with Chromo cages, 5 seater with excellent interior, Billet parts through out. I have been looking for awhile, I mstly was looking for something well taken care of, stored inside and not abused. To me that adds a lot of value.

I have put some $$ into it already on preventative maintenance. It should be very reliable and I was def after that too.

Edited by nwtdiesel

The Weddle shop number is 805-562-8600. Just go ahead and put that in your phone now. :grin:

Congrats on the new ride. Definitely put that number in your phone if you put 550 to that 2d unless your convincing hp friends are paying the trans bill. Then just twin turbo it and have them put a credit card or bank account on file at Weddle lol. Enjoy it , be safe out there!

Not to worried about it. If it blows up it will go get fixed just like anything else. I always lived by the phrase "got to pay to play"

Might sound funny but I been thinking of picking up a used spare 2D so when/if it goes I can toss another one in.

Edited by nwtdiesel

• 2 weeks later...