**Day trip** **Nov. 11, Veterans Day!**

BearsZX72

Looking into a day trip on Tuesday Nov. 11 for Veterans Day only. Will leave my place in CA around 6am for a 3 hour drive. I hope to arrive in Dumont around 9am or so. Who will be there already and who would like to go out? All are welcome to join us for a day trip! This will be the maiden run for us and our buggy! More of a shake down run to see what needs to be taken care of before the first camping trip weekend.

-Brady

Getting the oil and filter changed in the diesel this morning! Making the most out of the day getting ready for the day trip tomorrow! Will go home and finish up the small things on the buggy and trailer! Looking forward to the day trip! :D

What fun we had!

The wife and I left the house and was on the freeway by 6:30 am. Drove straight through with no stops. Arrived at Dumont right around 9:30 am. I would give the road into Dumont an A, drove 25 mph with no issues. We picked a spot next to bathroom #4 and unloaded the buggy. The weather was great, I believe that the temp was in the mid 70's and a slight breeze. We jumped into the buggy and head to the East. Went up and down a few small dunes and then headed back over to COMP Hill. We worked are way back over to the North Pole.

20141111_103902_zpst6t2hrva.jpg

After we left the North Pole we headed back to COMP Hill and then back to the truck/trailer for lunch.

After lunch, my wife jumped into the drivers seat and we went out again. She spent about 30-45 minutes driving around and getting use to the buggy and the dunes in general. After she was done, she drove back over to the truck/trailer. Now it's about 1:30 pm and the temp is getting into the low 80's and the wind was very calm. I changed out the battery in the GoPro and we went back out for one last run before calling it a day.

We loaded up the buggy and left Dumont at 3:00 pm.

For this being your maiden voyage out with this buggy, it was all good. I found no issues with it at all.

Looks like we will be out at Dumont for a camping trip Dec. 26 - 29th. See you all out there soon!

Brady

The weather was perfect, but the dunes were not smooth like I was hoping. We were there with 3 SxS's and it was empty witch made for some good rides. One ride we took was 3.5 hours just all over the dunes and we did not see more than one other group you have to love having the dunes all alone.