8 or 10 turbo paddle?

stalteri

What is the difference besides the amount of paddles, duh :headbang: Will I get more pull up comp or should I stick with the 8 paddle? Has any one used one of these, and does Turbo King paddle co. make one? Thanks anything helps..... :D

I don't think a 426 will turn a 10 cup. It will, but you'll get more pull & speed out of the 8 cup. The 10 cup will make you wheelie the hell out of the bike. Like Don said, the 10 cup paddle tires are for even bigger cc engines than you've got. Hope this helps. :headbang:

Stalteri I have heard mixed reviews on the 10 vs 8 blade paddles for our bikes.... The 10 will hook up MUCH MUCH Better but the 8 cup lets the tire spin more that way you can just slide it around the top of a face or something like that... I personally prefer the 8 but have always wondered how my bike would do with a 10... You shouldnt have any problem either way you go cuz your a helluva lot lighter than i am and your motor will be freshened up...

and to bash on Don and pete.. the bike has PLENTY of power to pull a 10 cup.. its your riding style thats going to determine how it works for you..

and to bash on Don and pete.. the bike has PLENTY of power to pull a 10 cup.. its your riding style thats going to determine how it works for you..

I don't think so, ISBB. SandYFZ used to have a YZ426 and we were almost the same up comp. He'd get me by about a half bike or so sometimes. The 426 DOES have the torque to turn a 10 cup. Hell my 250 will turn a 10 cup and go everywhere, but not as good as an 8 cup. You are right about the 8 cup spinning it more. That is what you want though. Paddles work best when there is tire spin. It keeps you on top of the sand rather than just digging down. Too much wheel spin (for instance if you put a 6 cup paddle on) would hurt it. It's trying to find the right amount of tire spin to get the bike dialed in for bect traction AND floatation on the sand. Tony, I personally think your bike would be slower w/ a 10 cup. Stick w/ the 8. :thumbsdown:

Stalteri I have heard mixed reviews on the 10 vs 8 blade paddles for our bikes.... The 10 will hook up MUCH MUCH Better but the 8 cup lets the tire spin more that way you can just slide it around the top of a face or something like that... I personally prefer the 8 but have always wondered how my bike would do with a 10... You shouldnt have any problem either way you go cuz your a helluva lot lighter than i am and your motor will be freshened up...

Hey ISBB im going to hold off on the 444cc until the end of the season, I can just see it now not being able to ride the rest of the season because of mechanical error on my part, plus we have a little one on the way gotta save up for diapers :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the help, I will probably get another 8 cup. Would you suggest it for a 450 or would the 8 cup apply as well? :thumbsdown:

The 450 might run ok with a 10 cup, but I still think an 8 would be best on that bike as well. I'm guessing on the 450 though. The 426, however, I speak from experience.

stick with the 8 but like i said theres nothing wrong w/ a 10.. just diffrent handling characterisitcs is all... I chose to go w/ another 8 when i bought my new tires from mat..

Stalteri.. i think im gonna have to go ahead and order that new 450 to finish off the season.. LOL

stick with the 8 but like i said theres nothing wrong w/ a 10.. just diffrent handling characterisitcs is all... I chose to go w/ another 8 when i bought my new tires from mat..

Stalteri.. i think im gonna have to go ahead and order that new 450 to finish off the season.. LOL

huh, new bike or up the cc's?

07 models might be FI, 450 spotted racing in Japan but no word from Yamaha when it will be in the states. I think I might wait awhile. You know they have to change something sooner or later besides the CCs. :DDR_rocks!:

After hearing the horror stories about getting the carb off to change the jets or in a posistion to change the jets on the new one the FI sounds nice... but thats just more sh*t to go wrong if you know what i mean... Carbs and Jetting has been around for ages and is tried and true...