IrnBear Posted August 3, 2020 Posted August 3, 2020 Any Update on who and what is on the Tower? Thanks, IrnBear Quote
ElcanAmSon20 Posted August 25, 2020 Posted August 25, 2020 Is there service with at&t and Verizon? Quote
dunefreak Posted August 26, 2020 Author Posted August 26, 2020 3 hours ago, ElcanAmSon20 said: Is there service with at&t and Verizon? Verizon, yes. AT&T, we still haven't heard anything. I may have to email the cell tower guy again and see if he knows. 1 Quote
IrnBear Posted August 26, 2020 Posted August 26, 2020 Drove to Cali from Pahrump via 127 today.... No AT&T while I drove by staring at the tower from the highway 😪 Quote
Bobby Lane Posted August 31, 2020 Posted August 31, 2020 AT&T is in progress, should be live by Halloween at the latest. Crossing my fingers. 1 1 Quote
IrnBear Posted September 1, 2020 Posted September 1, 2020 4 hours ago, Bobby Lane said: AT&T is in progress, should be live by Halloween at the latest. Crossing my fingers. What...... That would be awesome 🙂 Quote
ElcanAmSon20 Posted September 18, 2020 Posted September 18, 2020 On 8/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, dunefreak said: Verizon, yes. AT&T, we still haven't heard anything. I may have to email the cell tower guy again and see if he knows. Hey is there any good news for at&t?service at dumont? Quote
dunefreak Posted September 18, 2020 Author Posted September 18, 2020 1 hour ago, ElcanAmSon20 said: Hey is there any good news for at&t?service at dumont? Here ya go! Great news for AT&T users. This is from Tom at IC Towers (the project manager)... AT&T has been installing for the last 30 days at Dumont. They should be on air in 20 days or less. 2 Quote
dunefreak Posted October 20, 2020 Author Posted October 20, 2020 17 hours ago, doyoucare said: any updates since last post on 9-18? From what I have seen posted across our social media, there still isn't service but one person with AT&T said they had service. Quote
G4NON Posted October 22, 2020 Posted October 22, 2020 On 10/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, doyoucare said: any updates since last post on 9-18? We had a camp with 2 Verizon's and 4 AT&Ts staring at the tower over at the little dunes between 15-18th of October and only the Verizon's had service (very good service at that). 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted October 22, 2020 Author Posted October 22, 2020 3 hours ago, G4NON said: We had a camp with 2 Verizon's and 4 AT&Ts staring at the tower over at the little dunes between 15-18th of October and only the Verizon's had service (very good service at that). Thanks for the update. One only Verizon phone had service? That is weird. Quote
IrnBear Posted October 22, 2020 Posted October 22, 2020 47 minutes ago, dunefreak said: Thanks for the update. One only Verizon phone had service? That is weird. No no Only "the Verizon's had service" Not only one Verizon🤣 Quote
dunefreak Posted October 23, 2020 Author Posted October 23, 2020 Oh ok, I'm not sure why I read ONE Verizon. Derrr 😄🤦♂️ 2 Quote
G4NON Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 On 10/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, dunefreak said: Oh ok, I'm not sure why I read ONE Verizon. Derrr 😄🤦♂️ Oops! Bad punctuation. Should be " Verizons' " 2 Quote
LukeyLux Posted October 30, 2020 Posted October 30, 2020 So it seems we have just Verizon and AT&T out in Dumont as of this week? Quote
Reddragon Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 No AT&T service out there over Halloween. Hopefully they get it done soon... Quote
Bobby Lane Posted November 5, 2020 Posted November 5, 2020 I've been following the progress internally at AT&T. Some of the equipment that I've been keeping an eye on has recently changed from Planned to Active, which is a good thing, but the actual connectivity isn't established to the site yet. I just talked to an engineer and today they are attempting to get the microwave connectivity working. Crossing fingers for on air by Thanksgiving. 3 1 Quote
Hoffman199 Posted November 18, 2020 Posted November 18, 2020 Any updates on at&t service for thanksgiving? Quote
Bobby Lane Posted November 20, 2020 Posted November 20, 2020 It is very close. I see the site's transport is up and the radios are built into the cell site router. That's about as far as I can see with my access into the site. I don't see any traffic on it yet. Hopefully they fire up the radios anytime and open it up. After waiting almost two years, and following the progress internally with AT&T, I'm bummed my trip out for Thanksgiving got cancelled due to covid exposure at my son's school. I hope the site is up for the rest of you that make it out for Thanksgiving week. Although its a 400mb site, stay off Netflix so regular service works for everyone 🤣 1 Quote
DuningSquid Posted November 28, 2020 Posted November 28, 2020 Nothing as of yet. Thanks-4-not-giving us AT&T for the the week. Maybe they were saving coverage for Cyber Monday. Quote
Bobby Lane Posted December 16, 2020 Posted December 16, 2020 The neighboring site 10 miles northwest in Ibex Pass is now online. I'm guessing that site will provide some coverage at Dumont until the new site is online, which should be any day. It is the site that feeds the microwave connectivity to the new Dumont site. 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted December 16, 2020 Author Posted December 16, 2020 AT&T was working as of last weekend out there. 👍 1 Quote
Bobby Lane Posted December 22, 2020 Posted December 22, 2020 Yep, Xmas miracle. Site is online now. 1 Quote
duner53 Posted December 28, 2020 Posted December 28, 2020 We got here on the 27th it was working and it quit that night and is not working as of today Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.