Got screwed By Motorcycle City!

JoeDuner

Well, I must say, I know better to buy a quad in town. But, the best deal I could find outta town on a LT 80 was $2100 OTD. So I called Motorcycle city and haggled the price to $2160 OTD on a 06 or $2060 OTD on a 2005. So , I went down there and the o5 looked like it was a pit bike for the last year, and they were trying to sell it as new. I told them I wanted the 06 for $2160. They kept pushing toward the 05 and I said no way. So, I finally paid cash for the 06 at 4:00 PM, he said it was at the other building and they would have it at 7:00 PM. I call at 6:30 just to make sure before I drive back down there and he says, sorry they couldn't get to it.......WTF. He then says, I promise I will have it first thing in the morning, I tell him I will be down there at noon to pick it up, so they have plenty of time to get it there. I show up the next morning at 11:50 am. He says the truck is 10 minutes away. Well at 12:30, 40 minutes later I tell him I want my money back. He starts to write me a check and I tell him I want cash back like I paid him. He says, we don't have the cash. What a huge waste of time. :laughoff:

I ended up going to the dealer on craig road and got the same deal in about 1 hour.

Moral of the story.......the dealers in Vegas are full of sh!. Personally, I have had no luck with any of them. Glad the one on Craig road actually came through for me.

Edited by JoeDuner

chapperal in california aint much better but burts in azusa is :laughoff:

He is right. Bought son a 2006 Suzuki 125L there. Bought the '05 and 10 minutes later he walked over after we thought they were cleaning it up said it sold to someone else. After complaining and 30 minutes later we left in a '06 for $200 more. :laughoff:

We were paying cash and got the advert price. I bet someone paid retail and financed it at 18% so they sold it to them. That's what I think.

Edited by Bound4Dirt

chapperal in california aint much better but burts in azusa is :laughoff:

CRAPARRAL AS I CALL IT SUCKS. They have good deals on accessories, but buying a bike there is nuts. Bend over and lube up.

I have never and I mean never had a good experience with dealers in town. I always buy my quads from Utah. I have great experiences with Cedar Ridge in Cedar City and with Stephen Wade in St. George. The last quad I bought which was a KFX50, I bought on Ebay from a guy in town...paid $950 for it, 2005 and he delivered it to my house. Stephen Wade brought the 250ex to my house for $25.00 and Cedar Ridge hooked me up big time on my 04 YFZ450. Nothing against Vegas dealers, they just don't know what customer service is. If the dealers here treated people like the dealers up in Utah treat people, they would have way more customers coming in from other states paying cash. Just my .02

Out The Door Motorsports (www.otdcyclesports.com) in LA County is the best I've seen. They give you automated email quotes and they never bug you. Their angle is your out the door price is MSRP minus manufacture incentives if available. Tell your local dealer to match these guys pricing if they want your business.

chapparral is a little nuts to deal with a salesman thats why you go directly to the sales mgr. we called on the way to the track he had my 06 yz450f prepped and all paerwork done before i got there. when we arrived he handed the paperwork to a salesman to have me sign it and i was gone 30 minutes after arriving. berts on the other hand has had crappy salesman and a lack of parts each time i have gone by. i tried telling a sales guy i wasnt there to buy and he still bothered me the entire time i was browsing around and then tried to pawn off a used blue banshee that had obviously been flipped several times.

Mountclair Yamaha is also excellent place to buy quads, My dad bought his banshee, ds650, and 1 of our 06 yfz450s, plus we get a discount because know the owner and sales rep. Also bought my YFZ from Altus Motorsports in Oklahoma, and the price w/ shipping was still around $1,000 cheaper to local Vegas dealers.

Mountclair Yamaha is also excellent place to buy quads, My dad bought his banshee, ds650, and 1 of our 06 yfz450s, plus we get a discount because know the owner and sales rep. Also bought my YFZ from Altus Motorsports in Oklahoma, and the price w/ shipping was still around $1,000 cheaper to local Vegas dealers.

I bought my Rhino from Altus they were great to deal with and got it shipped cheaper than I could buy it here or Utah!

Well, I must say, I know better to buy a quad in town. But, the best deal I could find outta town on a LT 80 was $2100 OTD. So I called Motorcycle city and haggled the price to $2160 OTD on a 06 or $2060 OTD on a 2005. So , I went down there and the o5 looked like it was a pit bike for the last year, and they were trying to sell it as new. I told them I wanted the 06 for $2160. They kept pushing toward the 05 and I said no way. So, I finally paid cash for the 06 at 4:00 PM, he said it was at the other building and they would have it at 7:00 PM. I call at 6:30 just to make sure before I drive back down there and he says, sorry they couldn't get to it.......WTF. He then says, I promise I will have it first thing in the morning, I tell him I will be down there at noon to pick it up, so they have plenty of time to get it there. I show up the next morning at 11:50 am. He says the truck is 10 minutes away. Well at 12:30, 40 minutes later I tell him I want my money back. He starts to write me a check and I tell him I want cash back like I paid him. He says, we don't have the cash. What a huge waste of time. :blink:

I ended up going to the dealer on craig road and got the same deal in about 1 hour.

Moral of the story.......the dealers in Vegas are full of sh!. Personally, I have had no luck with any of them. Glad the one on Craig road actually came through for me.

I had some bad luck with that dealer, but decided to give them one more chance. There's this short little gal there that takes good care of us. We got a killer deal on our trade in with the 350.

ynot, do you mind me asking what the rhino cost. it is something we are really interested in

It's a camo model with a digital dash and I believe it was $9850.00 delivered to my front door.

CRAPARRAL AS I CALL IT SUCKS. They have good deals on accessories, but buying a bike there is nuts. Bend over and lube up.

I think that chaparral sucks at everything they do! I only go there for stuff like gloves or helmets.Has anyone ever tried to get somethig from part department, its horrible!