Got the new Yamaha generator

Svengoolie

After 1600 hours, I'm replacing my Yamaha 2000is. Yamaha has introduced the 2200is earlier this year. 

The 2000is has been absolutely flawless since I got it, maybe, 7 or 8 years ago. It has pwered the RV well below freezing and during sand storms. I run the generator all night so power is always available and when the furnace kicks on, batteries are never low. It's quiet and I place it 50' from our camp so it's not disruptive. 

Yes, the RV has an Onan 5500 (50 amp) generator on board that I don't like. It's an expensive piece of crap that is straight out of the 1960's. It's a fuel hog using at least 1/2 gallon an hour and is not variable speed like the Yammi. I use it some, like when the A/C gets used to keep the dog and cat cool on those warm Dumont afternoons.

I'll do a test and find out if this generator is worth having.

Features:

10.5 hour runtime from a little over a gallon. 

Illuminated control panel

Exterior carb drain

Fuel gauge

quiet

I have no loyalty to Yamaha (or any other company) so if I don't like it, I'll report to you here.

Meanwhile, please stay away from our camp if you use a contractor generator. They are obnoxiously loud and disruptive. 

20191018_170429.jpg

Edited by Svengoolie

• dunefreak changed the title to Got the new Yamaha generator