Welcome to DDR!

We are your Dumont Dunes community & information source!

New here? Join the community! (You must sign in to post.)

Returning users: Sign In with your display name or email address.

Troubles signing in? Please contact us. Forgot your password? Reset it here.

Sign In

Nocaltom

How was Easter at the dunes

Just checking how the conditions Were  and how crowded it was for the Easter weekend out at the dunes. I’m heading out there tomorrow. Are the fees still in place? 
Tom

There wasn't much crowd but there was a decent amount of people (for Easter) it seemed. Fees are still in place. No BLM from what I heard all weekend. No closures predicted any time soon. Here's a couple pics from Easter weekend from my buddies.

35273.jpeg

IMG_20200413_083932_558.jpg

Looks awesome can’t wait to get there tomorrow. First time to Dumont usually ride sand mountain.

25C29E30-DFB8-4A14-9A49-E2D4FB300298.jpeg

Awesome. NV or UT?

You'll love it. Dumont is the best. Nice and flowy. Make sure you ride over to Little Dumontv too. It's small but worth the drive. Lots of fun!! 

59 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Awesome. NV or UT?

You'll love it. Dumont is the best. Nice and flowy. Make sure you ride over to Little Dumontv too. It's small but worth the drive. Lots of fun!! 

Nevada, been watching tons of you tube videos looks real flowy and fun.. 

Does anyone have a status update on the guys who rolled their CanAm down Comp? This occurred on Easter Sunday. We happened to be hanging out at the base and saw it all unfold. Our guys were first up there, along with two other SxS (from their group?), and they seemed a bit dazed but OK. The driver had a very swollen knee and the passenger was very out of it. They rolled 18 times. The car is trashed but the cage was completely unphased. This is why you make an upgraded cage your #1 priority!!! He crossed over from the backside and hit the lip wrong, bucked, and then rolled about 3/4 of the way down. 

I would like to know if they’re doing ok? Thanks!

A41FC1C0-A0A9-4EBB-98BB-68C47EE777DF.jpeg

C02ABEA3-BD9B-44F3-BD5E-70EAE75D4CF3.jpeg

Holy crap! I know someone shared the pics/ story with us on IG. I'll see if I can figure out who that was and ask them.

Thanks! I believe they said they were taking the passenger to urgent care or the doctor because he seemed concussed.