Paddles for New Bikes/ First Trip to Dunes

southern1

Hi my husband and I are new to the site and we are looking at going to Dumont. We have a Suzuki 400 and Raptor 350 right now. Can you ride in Dumont withour paddles... we havent been and we kind wanted to check it out before commiting to the purchase :laughing: . Also, does anyone have any recommendations for what kind of paddles for these bikes? We are in the Riverside, CA area? Thanks so much for your help :driver:

Welcome to the site, by no means do you need paddles. They will make your duning experience more pleasant. You can get a cheap set of paddles through RockyMountainAtv.com.

Yeah, like Joe says, don't need paddles out there, just helps you get around better. You will want to steer clear of the bowl and don't try to climb the steep hills without them though. You will have a great time with or without them.

i wouldnt buy paddles until you go out there and decide if duning is really your thing. if you by paddles and front ribs for 2 quads you could spend up to $1000. it would suck to spend the dough if you dont really enjoy climbing through the dunes. just air down your tires and get a feel for it.