People riding after drinking

I knew I'd get that response from someone. Even though you are kidding, I kind of resent that you would say that to me even in a kidding manner. I am the one in the group that usually reminds everyone to be extra safe and to not start drinking till later after the riding is over with. I did say in my post I wasn't condoning drinking and driving. Just because I am stating that I hear that more accidents and deaths are caused from inexperience, that doesn't mean I am defending the other cause of deaths and accidents, "drunks".

you are absolutely right pimpshack. sorry about that, even though it was in fun, it was uncalled for on such a serious issue

:laughoff:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not grinding on the subject Pete but beer during the day is the same as the gin at night except it is less alcohol by volume. Not to say 3-4 beers dosen't give anyone more courage, IE to do stupid things. When is the last time you saw a bunch of buggies stop and not have a beer in their hand then fire em up and take off to the next beer stop with 400-600 HP under their direct control. I know because I don't drink much anymore that 1-2 makes me think i am invincible again that is why I try to be extra careful with it. Nobody is pointing any fingers but I think all of us who recreate at Dumont have to realize that alcoho :laughoff: l is a problem there and probably always will be.

Not grinding on the subject Pete but beer during the day is the same as the gin at night except it is less alcohol by volume. Not to say 3-4 beers dosen't give anyone more courage, IE to do stupid things. When is the last time you saw a bunch of buggies stop and not have a beer in their hand then fire em up and take off to the next beer stop with 400-600 HP under their direct control. I know because I don't drink much anymore that 1-2 makes me think i am invincible again that is why I try to be extra careful with it. Nobody is pointing any fingers but I think all of us who recreate at Dumont have to realize that alcoho :drunk: l is a problem there and probably always will be.

i am to the point in my drinking career :laughoff: that I have a drink, and wait for feedback...if no feedback, then the next drink.....until the desired feedback is accomplished (not falling down drunk, but a nice social buzz)

i can be anywhere from 1-3 beers for me.

Look at how many people use the dunes.

Very, rarely an accident at Dumont.

Then at Pismo:

The usual ambulance calls at Pismo are heart attack, asthma, someone slipped off a trucks front bumper and got impaled on the hood latch,,, diabetic shock,,

But it's pumped up way outta line in the press.

Rarely an accident at the dunes. Sure it happens,, but,,,

compaired to all the people out there,,, miniscule accidents vs campers ratios.

The three little league fields by my house have far more ambulance runs than Dumont on any day.

Edited by Duneraider

Not grinding on the subject Pete but beer during the day is the same as the gin at night except it is less alcohol by volume. Not to say 3-4 beers dosen't give anyone more courage, IE to do stupid things. When is the last time you saw a bunch of buggies stop and not have a beer in their hand then fire em up and take off to the next beer stop with 400-600 HP under their direct control. I know because I don't drink much anymore that 1-2 makes me think i am invincible again that is why I try to be extra careful with it. Nobody is pointing any fingers but I think all of us who recreate at Dumont have to realize that alcoho :drunk: l is a problem there and probably always will be.

I was just using Gin at night as an example of how I "get effed up" AFTER the toys are put up at night.

I also completely agree that alcohol is a problem at the dunes. It causes problem anywhere you go, especially with big crowds and horsepower. :laughoff:

I was just using Gin at night as an example of how I "get effed up" AFTER the toys are put up at night.

I also completely agree that alcohol is a problem at the dunes. It causes problem anywhere you go, especially with big crowds and horsepower. :laughoff:

That be the truth! :drunk:

Look at how many people use the dunes.

Very, rarely an accident at Dumont.

Then at Pismo:

The usual ambulance calls at Pismo are heart attack, asthma, someone slipped off a trucks front bumper and got impaled on the hood latch,,, diabetic shock,,

But it's pumped up way outta line in the press.

Rarely an accident at the dunes. Sure it happens,, but,,,

compaired to all the people out there,,, miniscule accidents vs campers ratios.

The three little league fields by my house have far more ambulance runs than Dumont on any day.

you are exactly right

this is the way I like to think about this........

oceano is setup to handle anywhere between 10-20k people on a busy weekend......i like to think of it as a town of 10K people....but the difference is no roads....anyone can drive any which way they like

then, compare it to a real town of 10-20k anywhere in the USA.......what is the death rate of that size town? i can guarantee it is more than the single digits seen in the dunes of oceano.

same with dumont......whatever the capacity might be....I am guessing 50k....compare the number of fatalities that happened in all of 2006 with a town of about 50K.......gonna be a lot less for dumont....even with anarchy seeming to be the rule.

anyway

:laughoff: