People riding after drinking

I've had a couple friends die from drinking and driving ....not at the dune's but after hearing about the wrecks at the dunes and seeing all the people out there who drink and go riding .....I feel if your gonna gonna booze it up and drink you should stay at camp and not go any where ....Even at comp hill there's ton's of people who drink and party out there then go racing up comp and what not ....I think its pretty irresponciple(sp) and people shouldnt be doing stuff like that ...It not only dangers themselves but also all the other fellow duner's out there .....I myself do not drink so it may seem like im trying to make people who drink look bad ....Its not meant to sound like that at all ............Just more people need to be more careful and safe out there ....Sorry for rambling on just i wanna know how others feel about this ..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amen to that chase nobody should operate anything after drinking. its bad enough the ecoterrorist want to close dumont because of a lizard and the whole drinking party scenario then go for a ride would give them even more firepower if they were smart enough to include that in there study of these recreation spots. what about the guys at comp having a beer then taking off in those big powerfull rails with there kids sitting in the back seat. im not against drinking and having a party but just be responsible. why in town would we consider calling a taxi or a friend when we need help because we are wasted but at the dunes we throw all that out the window

There have been times in the past where we have gone out after a couple few drinks, but in all reality we have done it safely. I don't so much condone it much anymore and try to keep the toys in camp from now on if I choose to drink out there. I have reconsidered the whole drinking and duning thing. It's just not worth it. :shocked2: I'll just stay in camp if I wanna get wasted from now on. :dunno:

what about the guys at comp having a beer then taking off in those big powerfull rails with there kids sitting in the back seat.

Not to sound like a hypocrit, but...

Rich, I hear what you are saying, but anyone who drinks on a somewhat regular basis (like only on weekends)....ONE beer isn't gonna be a problem. It's not the best idea to do, but I hear alot of people preach this exact kind of stuff and that they "lock their keys up" after ONE beer. People have a tolerance and know there limits...well responsible people that is.

It's just like drinking and driving on the street. There is a legal limit. Some can have one or two if you are responsible about it and can handle it...some can't. You just have to know your limits and be safe.

WE ARE ALL ABOUT DRINKING AND RIDING...................... :dunno: :shocked2: BUT WE DO IT ON THE 50'S AROUND CAMP. :banghead: THATS BAD ENOUGH. BUT SERIOUSLY RIDING/DRIVING AFTER WE START CRACKIN'M IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.... :drinkbeer:

Edited by maxdout

Rich, I hear what you are saying, but anyone who drinks on a somewhat regular basis (like only on weekends)....ONE beer isn't gonna be a problem. It's not the best idea to do, but I hear alot of people preach this exact kind of stuff and that they "lock their keys up" after ONE beer. People have a tolerance and know there limits...well responsible people that is.

It's just like drinking and driving on the street. There is a legal limit. Some can have one or two if you are responsible about it and can handle it...some can't. You just have to know your limits and be safe.

i can understand where you are coming from pete and yes i realize people may know there limits and may not need to lock up their keys. but what really gets me the most is the people and it is not gender based, not considering there childrens own well being. people say drinking and driving dont mix nobody has ever had a slogan that says drinking and children dont mix. this past weekend not only did i see a lady having a beer at the north pole as soon as she was done 3 little kids piled in the back of a rhino no seat or belts and off she goes haulin butt bouncing across the whoop section heading back to comp. not trash talkin but what kind of parent is that. yes 1 beer may or may not impair her ability how do we know how many she had but why would you drink with being responsible for children. i realize not everybody on here has kids and doesnt see things the same way as a parent would, some do and some dont. i know personally alot changed for me when my daughters came along.

Speak for yourself there, Tim. That's not a good way to try and represent DDR. :drinkbeer: There have been times in the past where we have gone out after a couple few drinks, but in all reality we have done it safely. I don't so much condone it much anymore and try to keep the toys in camp from now on if I choose to drink out there. I have reconsidered the whole drinking and duning thing. It's just not worth it. :shocked2: I'll just stay in camp if I wanna get wasted from now on. :dunno:

Im so glad to hear that. I always worry about you guys when you were taking your late nite runs. Glad to hear you will be taking it easy. I hope the rest of the group will follow suite. Not trying to start sh*t, but this group of people has come to mean alot to me, and I dont want to see anything happen to any of you!!

Not to sound like a hypocrit, but...

And I do agree with this, a couple drinks for most people isnt goin to affect their judgement to much. People just gotta know their limit.

Not only knowing their limits, but on busy weekends, always gotta be lookin out for the other people who arent being responsible. Unfortunately, as responsible as we can be, it only takes that one IDIOT out to show off to their friends and end up taking one of our lives, while they usually go on in life.

Sad truth

Edited by Sincity_blondie

My personal opinion on this may be kind of brutal, but it's the way I feel. If you are going to drink and drive, no matter how much or how little you have had to drink, you deserve what's coming to you just for being an idiot. That's stands for myself also. I have gotten into my car after having a few to drink and if I crash or get busted, then that's MY fault and I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me because I was an idiot. Thankfully nothing has happened probably due to the fact that on those extremely rare occassions that I do drive, I never get past 2nd gear and a max of 20 MPH. I have no sympathy for anyone who wants to get in a car, rail, dirtbike, etc. after they have had too much to drink and they hurt themselves and yes, even die. I am very much in favor of personal responsibility and you want to do that, then have at it, but don't come crying to me when something goes terribly wrong. Be safe and go home at the end of the weekend.

it is all about responsibility people. 15 yrs ago, before being married, and starting a family, I could see it

One beer (I don't drink on a regular basis, but have been known to go on the "occasional" :D three day bender!!!!!), and the toys are locked up in camp, and it is time to relax.

while duning, there is so much more going on around you than while driving on a paved street, that has stoplights, and crosswalks, and speedlimits.

I have noticed that, in the dunes, 99percent of what goes on around you, you are not in control of. that is a chance I am NOT going to take. this is from a person that got a DUI over 13 yrs ago.

just my .02

also, if there are people out in the dunes doing gaggers of crank, and all shroomed up, then it will only be a matter of time before those people make a mistake while under the influence in the dunes. can you say glorified headlines??? :north_pole:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

the only drinking and riding that is ok , is guys that ride yamaha , cuz once there drunk there bikes might actually seem fast ........Ok i was only jokin but still even then it aint cool to do ....And Im robby gordon get it right

One of our close freinds that use to ride and camp at Dumont with us, was killed at havasu when another boat T-boned them going 35 in a no wake zone.

The guy that hit him just got convicted for DUI and vehicular manslaughter. 24 years in jail with no chance of parole for 20 yrs because it was his second offense for Dui.

the only drinking and riding that is ok , is guys that ride yamaha , cuz once there drunk there bikes might actually seem fast ........Ok i was only jokin but still even then it aint cool to do ....And Im robby gordon get it right

I like your signature. lets hook a chain and watch youre truck break. I think bert should take you up on that challenge.

Yeah that's a good idea! NOT! In an accident, it's usually the drunk that lives and the innocent guy that dies. :freakin_nuts:

Complain to the Ranger, why do we pay $20 for them to do nothing. Sounds I have my hands full writing letters the San Bernardino Sheriff Dept tomorrow. :laughoff:

Edited by Bound4Dirt